Babysitting on Carnival?

daynab

Friends of ours are looking to cruise with us in April and have an infant. I know that Camp Carnival does not allow children under 2 to participate, but have heard that they do allow infants into the late night slumber party after 10pm. I was wondering if this were true. I need to know if someone has used this service. We sailed on NCL right after their policy changed and we had our 10 month old with no available babysitting offered at all. I would hate to see them book something and not have all the info.

I thank you in advance.

Dayna

From Carnival.com

Is there babysitting on board?spacer.gifBabysitting is available every evening from 10:00pm to 3:00am in the children's playroom for children 4 months of age to 11 years of age.

Babysitting is not available during Camp Carnival's scheduled activities, which run from approximately 9:00am to 10:00pm daily.

In addition to the evening babysitting, for infants under the age of 2, babysitting is available on port day mornings from 8:00am to 12:00 noon; if the ship arrives later in the day, babysitting is available in the afternoon until 6:00pm.

Babysitting is done on an advance sign-up basis with the Youth Staff. This is done to ensure that enough staff are scheduled to provide this service.

All babysitting is done in the children's playroom, with a "slumber party" type atmosphere. Movies and cartoons are shown. Pillows, blankets, and cribs are provided.

It is against company policy to provide babysitting in the guest's stateroom.

Babysitting is provided for children 11 years of age and younger. It is not mandatory for infants or toddlers to be potty-trained in order to avail themselves of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the youth counselors with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.

Babysitting fees are due upon pick-up and paid directly to the Youth Staff on duty. Payment must be made with the Sail and Sign Card; cash is not an acceptable form of payment.

$6.00 per hour for the first child in the family

$4.00 per hour for each additional child in the same immediate family

We used the babysiiting service on Celebrity last summer. We had a suite and they sent someone to our cabin. She was a room steward, I think. Not the camp staff. I guess they do it for the extra money. Didn't speak much english. Our daughter was already asleep, so she just sat there. Didn't watch TV or read or anything.

Do you have to sign up for babysitting as soon as you arrive on the ship? Do you have to go to Camp Carnival or do you make the arrangements in your cabin with a telephone call?

Thanks for all the info. !

Archived