Adventure ---15-Feb

Grandeur ---26-Feb

Majesty ---27-Feb

Monarch ---8-Mar

Mariner ---9-Mar

Splendour ---23-Mar

Rhapsody ---2-Apr

Ships not listed already have MTD for 2009

Is there a reference for this? I'm being told that MTD will not be available on Voyager in March 2009.

Interesting. My TA was told (today) that it will not be available on my cruise.

Anybody had any luck booking MTD on Voyager?

Same with our booking on Mariner for April. Our TA even talked to RC (one person she talked to said yes) but then they checked RC Customer Service and they said no it's not available on Mariner. Seems some confusion going on :confused:

Susan :)

It is a matter of personal opinion. We tried it and did not like it. Others love it. Just our preference...........

Hmmm...I'd be interested in hearing why you didn't care for MTD. I hemmed and hawed about it, then decided to sign up for it for our June 2009 Freedom of the Seas sailing. I hope I don't regret the decision. :(

I spoke with a RCL Rep concerning other business, then asked him about MTD on the Explorer for June 09. He was not aware it was an option.

As some of these implementation dates get nearer, I would certainly like to hear how people were made aware and how they reserved it. So please let me (us) know.

I know under "My Cruises", you can choose dining time preferences, but only early and late seating choices are mentioned. (for my 6/09 cruise)

I've tried Anytime Dining on Princess and they have separate dining rooms for Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining. As far as I know, RCL just has the one huge dining room (3 levels) on each ship and then a bunch of specialty restaurants. So will My Time Dining and Traditional Dining both be in the main dining rooms (going on simultaneously)? :confused:

I've tried Anytime Dining on Princess and they have separate dining rooms for Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining. As far as I know, RCL just has the one huge dining room (3 levels) on each ship and then a bunch of specialty restaurants. So will My Time Dining and Traditional Dining both be in the main dining rooms (going on simultaneously)? :confused:

At the present time, RCI has set aside a portion of one level of their dining room for My Time Dining. I believe that they can expand the area if there is sufficient demand, but at the present time the two styles of dining seem to be able to co-exist without any problems. When we were on the Jewel westbound TA we were not even aware that some guests were participating in the program (we were on Deck 4 and the MTD section was in one area of Deck 5). On the repositioning cruise we became acquainted with several people who were in the MTD program and they were quite pleased with how it worked for them. On the repositioning cruise we were on Deck 5 starboard but were not at all impacted by the MTD diners who were seated on the port side of the ship. :)

Should demand grow for MTD we will see how well RCI adjusts to the ratio of traditional vs MTD guests which could vary considerably from cruise to cruise. My complaint with Princess' Any Time Dining program was that it was inflexible and they could not, or would not, adjust their dining room allocations to reflect the actual desire of their guests.:rolleyes:

Here's the current rollout schedule, according to RCCL's website (which looks to be a little outdated):

Oasis of the Seas - December 12, 2009 - November 27, 2010

Legend of the Seas - October 30, 2008 - December 30, 2009

Enchantment of the Seas - November 10, 2008 - December 27, 2009

Brilliance of the Seas - now - December 23, 2009

Freedom of the Seas - now - December 27, 2009

Serenade of the Seas - now - December 26, 2009

Jewel of the Seas - now - December 21, 2009

Radiance of the Seas - now - December 20, 2009

Independence of the Seas - now - December 26, 2009

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseat&requestor=arn

This site also explains about it.

They did try "My Time" dining on the Independence and from what I witnessed it wasn't working. My time does not mean show up anytime and be seated. You have to wait for a table to become available and with traditional seatings in full swing - it's tough.

We would walk out after first seating to witness people in line looking like they wanted to spit nails. The Windjammer is anytime dining. Go. Eat. Be happy.

They did try "My Time" dining on the Independence and from what I witnessed it wasn't working. My time does not mean show up anytime and be seated. You have to wait for a table to become available and with traditional seatings in full swing - it's tough.

We would walk out after first seating to witness people in line looking like they wanted to spit nails. The Windjammer is anytime dining. Go. Eat. Be happy.

Anytime or My Time or Freestyle Dining is always going to be subject to scheduling problems and there will frequently be waits involved if someone, without reservations, shows up at a very popular time and wishes to be seated upon arrival. It isn't any different from what such a person would experience at a land-based restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night. With a number of cruises under their belt it may be possible for them to figure out just how many MTD tables they need to have available to accommodate their guests, but no system is perfect and in cases of unusual demand, they will have delays. How often this happens and how well they handle the matter will determine how successful the program will be. The Windjammer is an alternative but if you were to try to find a table in the Windjammer at very busy times in the morning or at lunch you might conclude that there can be problems there as well.;) Since not that many people dine in the Windjammer in the evening problems are less likely but not everyone would find a buffet dinner to be comparable to service in either the traditional or MTD sections of the main dining room.

We had My Time on the Independence a few weeks ago and it worked out great. Never had to wait for a table and the staff was very accommadating regarding changes in dining time.

Your comment: "You have to wait for a table to become available and with traditional seatings in full swing - it's tough." just was not a reality on the Novermber 29th cruise. The only people we saw waiting were the early arrivers for the late seating. Not sure why anyone needs to arrive 30 minutes early and stand in line.

Archived