Just booked Majesty of the Seas-4 Nites Bahamas Cruise

9855donna

We love going to Key West on the Majesty of the Seas!! Our favorite thing to do is the Great Key Lime Pie Quest. What we do is try everyones key lime pie, and there are alot of them. We order a piece of pie, first time we would order a piece for each of us, boy was that a mistake. You just can't eat that much but if you are sharing a piece it can be done! They are all so different but our favorite is Key Lime Pie on a stick dripped in chocolate. Yummy!!! Have a great time.

Laura

I just booked on Majesty of the Seas for the 4 nights Bahamas cruise leaving Miami on 4/27/2009.I booked an oceanview on deck 6-#6084.

This will be my first cruise.I really like how they stop in a different port every morning.I've never been to Coco Cay or Key West.So that'll be a treat!Can't Wait.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks.

Hey there! My fiance and I are getting married on Majesty of the Seas 4/24/09...it's the same cruise, just a 3 night instead of 4. This will be our first ever cruise and we're so excited about it! Enjoy your sail!

Before you leave get the shoe sizes of all of the people that you buy gifts for. When in Key West stop by the Kino Sandal factory. For $11.00 - $13.00 a pair you can get handmade leather sandals that last forever and are the most comfortable shoe you'll ever wear:). They make great gifts too. You can buy these under an another name at different stores with the price starting at $39.00 a pair so as you see you can't beat the price by going there directly. You will love Majesty!

Thanks for the tip about the sandals.I'll certainly check them out.Everyone I know where's sandals all summer so they'll make a nice stocking stuffer.

You guys are all such fans of the Majesty I cannot wait to see her!:D

Good tip about the sandals...never heard them mentioned before!

We are going on Majesty is about 3 wks, & I am planning on buy discount tickets online for Trolley Tour in Key West. I'll let you know how it goes!

That's great.I see it's your first cruise on the Majesty too!Yes please come back and let us know how it went.I can't wait for your review.

Is it cheaper to buy the trolley tickets ahead of time?Or should I wait till I get there to buy them?

Thanks.

Also are you guys one of those that won that $200 million dollars in Ohio??

the short cruises are a great way to get started cruising...a nice sampler...our first cruise was also a Bahamas trip. Enjoy the cruise...cant wait to hear about it

Thank you for the good wishes.I'm counting the days till I go....:D

We LOVE Majesty!! We also took the trolley tour in Key West. It was nice to hop on and off.

Nassau- We took a water taxi over to Atlantis..

CocoCay- LOVED it! Try to eat early as the bbq lines can get long. Don't wait for the last tender of the day.. nightmare. We did parasailing and that was a blast! We got some great shots of us sailing by the Majesty.

The love and marriage game is usually very funny to watch.

Enjoy yourself. It's a great ship.

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed the cruise.I'm looking forward to Key West and Coco Cay.They look and sound like a fun time.It took me forever to decide on the where,when and how long.After awhile I was getting all the ships,ports and schedules all mixed up:confused:.

But now I'm booked and looking forward to it alot thanks to everybody on this board for all their great comments and suggestions.:D

We love going to Key West on the Majesty of the Seas!! Our favorite thing to do is the Great Key Lime Pie Quest. What we do is try everyones key lime pie, and there are alot of them. We order a piece of pie, first time we would order a piece for each of us, boy was that a mistake. You just can't eat that much but if you are sharing a piece it can be done! They are all so different but our favorite is Key Lime Pie on a stick dripped in chocolate. Yummy!!! Have a great time.

Laura

Oh yeah I'll eat key lime anything.And dunked in chocolate sounds heavenly!Mmm.I'll have to be careful how much I eat and drink if I want to fit into that 122sq foot tinsy cabin!:p

Thanks for the good wishes.I will have a great time!

Hey there! My fiance and I are getting married on Majesty of the Seas 4/24/09...it's the same cruise, just a 3 night instead of 4. This will be our first ever cruise and we're so excited about it! Enjoy your sail!

Wow that's so great! Congratulations!Hope you have a great wedding and a fantastic cruise!

If you don't mind me asking what made you decide to get married on a cruise ship when neither of you have ever cruised before?

Laura

My kind of people! :D

That's great.I see it's your first cruise on the Majesty too!Yes please come back and let us know how it went.I can't wait for your review.

Is it cheaper to buy the trolley tickets ahead of time?Or should I wait till I get there to buy them?

Thanks.

Also are you guys one of those that won that $200 million dollars in Ohio??

I'd be sure to do a review when I get back. I was checking out the trolley tour online and saw there were discount tickets. If you know for sure that's what you are going to do, it wouldn't hurt to buy them ahead of time. Which reminds me, I need to do that!!

NO, we didn't win the lottery, I WISH, I meant to buy a ticket and didn't get around to doing it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back...

Key West was great even though the weather was a bit cool. I wore my new hooded RCL sweatshirt I had bought the day before at the poolside sale the day before. The trolley tour was TOTALLY worth the money we spent, whether you buy discount tickets or not. The history that the trolley drivers share with you is great information you wouldn't get just walking around on your own. The trolley does go around the entire island, though most of the sights are by the southern most point and downtown/mallory square area near dock. Keep in mind, the morning the ship docks in Key West, everyone has to go through US Customs. It was quick & easy for us, had to present ourselves with Seapass & passport (they had this set up in the theatre). When we got off the ship, we headed straight for the post office as I had bought my friend's son a model ship & I knew the box wouldn't fit in our bags home, so I shipped it! I was surprised it got there in 2 days! Next I checked the map to see the where the closest trolley stop was and we walked to Duval St. and hopped on the trolley. It happened to be the last stop, BUT it takes you through the older part of town, past cemetary, really neat houses. Tours left every 30 minutes, so we did some shopping at Mallory Square till the next tour left. We road the entire ride, only got off at Southernmost point. This is a such a big attraction! We waited in line to get our picture taken (beware of homeless man wanting to take your picture for money!!) We asked family in front of us to take our picture and we took theirs in return. Also at this stop was the Butterfly Conservatory. I noticed many others walking around with paper butterflies on their shoulder, so I thought it must be a sight to see. It certainly was worth the stop!! We also at lunch at Banana Cafe, just a few blocks up on Duval St. from Butterfly Conservatory and had some great sandwiches for lunch. We then hopped back on the trolley and took it back to Mallory Square (near dock) and walked a few blocks up to Truman's White House. This was a great tour to take as well. If you have any other questions, let me know!!

1317762850_BahamasCruiseJan2009362.jpg.9d1223d8ce6a25ca72b6582b3f7a1c10.jpg

539569374_BahamasCruiseJan2009400.jpg.24878d6fd617831f4551be9a149d77b9.jpg

2080632412_BahamasCruiseJan2009476.jpg.8206cab5eb218c4082cf042296177f6c.jpg

825550654_BahamasCruiseJan2009470.jpg.ce4fb691eddbb8480797d0635f93fea1.jpg

Oh yeah.I love Jimmy Buffet.Have his CD and his Margaritaville Tequila.

Wow that stuff is strong!I always drive down the highway with his CD blaring away.....boy that doesn't give away my age does it?!

Thanks for the idea.I'll probably still be there long after the boat leaves!:eek:

Hey there! I'm on the roll call and going with you! I keep Jimmy Buffet in my car CD player too.

Last time we were in Key West we just walked around Duval St., hit a few bars, bought an obnoxious T-shirt and stopped at little stores along the way for $1 beers to keep us refreshed. Had a great time!

It was hilarious because we had an extremely attractive "woman killer" single friend (Ray) with us and it was the National Lesbian Convention ( or something like that). Ray was a little liquored up and kept walking up to women with his "How you doin" line and for obvious reasons it was going nowhere fast! My DH finally told him "Ray, you're powers are useless here!". We still laugh about that!

Lisa:p

Archived