Has Celebrity Changed???

mrtractor

Hey Mr T.

I see that you are jumping ship...But thats ok..Just to tell everyone I know Mr. T dresses to the finest duds....and a great guy...

Going on a carnival Liberty May 16th with the kids this time but loved NCL with you all hope we do it again...

Have fun say Hi to the bronzed godess for me..

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thanks for the kind words. But how am I going to sneak up on anybody with you telling them I'm a nice guy!

I don't mind getting dressy, just trying to get the jist of how Celebrity has adjusted to the new attitudes towards traditional cruising. I'm getting the feeling that they really haven't. But as far as jumping ship, we're not exactly new to Celebrity. We've been on four Celebrity cruises, three to Bermuda and one to the Southern Carribean. So I'm not jumping ship unless you'd say I'm jumping back and forth! I am a big fan of Norwegian because of Freestyle (as evidenced by the fact that we have been on NCL 16 times :eek:). But then we've been on over 30 cruises in all. I've actually lost count! I'd put NCL on the top of our preference, not just because of freestyle, but for a number of reasons - great crews, a wide variation of cabin types and ships with lots of choices. But we also like Princess, Celebrity and Carnival, too. All for different reasons. We've never had a bad cruise. Some were just better than others. It's just nice to get all those Platinum perks on NCL!

Where is your next adventure taking you, Pete? Did I see you were going on a cruise with OD2? Remember, I get the spare bedroom in the Garden Villa!

MrTractor<--------would somehow get by with the small bedroom if he really had to......:rolleyes:.........

Hey T.

I will be starting a thread for May 16-23 Carnival Liberty going to Western Caribbean----Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...We have been there.....Its for the Kid's 21 B day and of course she want's to take her Girl friend with....OUCH....but hey better than Vegas...thats were dad's go right....

Pete

No matter how many times you go on one, those western Caribbean cruises are always fun. What a good Dad you are! Nobody took me on a cruise for my 21st birthday!

Of course, you have to go along to supervise and all, right??? Not that you're going for your own enjoyment! :D

Is there no end to your generosity, Pete????!!! :rolleyes:

MrTractor<-----has seen it first hand!...:cool:....

NOBODY EVER PAID MY BAR BILL EITHER!!!

MrTractor<---------although Pete did buy me a beer on the Star.........:).........

I hope you don't mind an outsider offering an opinion; I've seen many post’s by Mrtractor over at the NCL board and here.......

But, who the he*l can afford his bar tab!!!:D:eek:

Just came off a cruise on the Millenium...saw fewer tuxes and you can get by with some dressy slacks and switching with dressy blouses/tops. Also they had another "alternative dining venue" for non formal folks. It was available every evening next to the Ocean Cafe...white table cloths. It cost $2 and you had to make a reservation but this might be an option for you.

Is Celebrity still all traditional dining? We're used to NCL with the "Freestyle" dining. We'll be coming into Florida on a plane with one suitcase for 10 days. I'm not sure I want to bring a tux and don't want to spend the money to rent one. What happens if you don't do formal? Do you have to order room service and eat bologna sandwiches? Or do they have other dining options on the ship for people who are slumming it? Suppose you don't want to deal with the formal dining room at all? Don't they have a casual dining option now?

I'm considering a cruise on the Celebrity Century. I've only been on the Galaxy and the Horizon. But isn't the Century basically like the Galaxy?

The prices are nice and the itinerarys are good, too. The only thing that has kept me from booking is that I'm afraid it might be too conservative for us. As I recall, the Galaxy wasn't stuffy, but was pretty formal compared to most other cruises.

Am I off base here?????

MrTractor<---------wouldn't mind doing formal, but doesn't want to haul around and pay the airlines for the extra luggage....:o.......

Howdy, first, I believe there are less formal places to eat. The grill near the pool I believe stays open until early evening, and they might have a pasta bar open until 2300 hours. At least they did on my last Celebrity cruise a few months ago. Celebrity is a good cruise line. Enjoy yourself. It is pretty much traditional dining. I like that. I don't like the "freestyle cruising."

Archived