Ocho Rios, Jamaica diving question???

BullinOhio

I have not been diving in Jamaica, but a friend of mine was there a couple of weeks ago and said it was fabulous (Mariner shorex).

No matter what the diving is, once to Dunn's River Falls is plenty.

Good luck and great diving!

Wendy

If you have other options, like GC or Cozumel, and can only dive one or two, don't dive in Jamaica. However, the diving in Jamaica is not bad, by any means, the water is 85 degrees! You will see lots of like, more so around Ocho Rios than Montego Bay. If you want to dive there, go for it. Being underwater in Ocho Rios is better than being topside, IMHO. Dunn's River is nice but sooo ridiculously crowded, and other than the AI resorts, I would ONLY go to Jamaica to dive.

Nikki

I'm in Ocho Rios in a couple of weeks. And yes I will sign up for diving...(better down then up) Out of the 3 times there....my diving has been cancelled twice due to lack of participation. So the odds are against me. When you only get to dive at several ports...why complain. If you were only going to do "one" dive on your cruise...then yes...pick another location like Cozumel. Otherwise, beats the heck out of a cold lake somewhere.

I haven't been there yet (we're booked for next week), but I've signed up to go diving. Hey, it's gotta be more interesting than some of the lake and river diving I've done around here. Plus I will be without the usual 7 mil and heavy weight belt. I'm looking forward to it.

Archived