Need a Place to Stay in Key West

1cruise2U

Hi there fellow cruise critics, I trying to find a nice place to stay for a post cruise trip in Key West, we will be coming down to the Keys on Sat, Dec 18 and stay 1 night, plan to drive back to Miami around 1:00 on the 19th. on the Dec 18, we plan to reach the Keys around 1. Any suggestions would be helpful? Somewhere with a hot tub would be nice but not necessary

I would try Priceline.com. If you go HERE you will see extremely good prices that others have obtained during that same time period.

Hyatt Hotel (at $85) is tremendous. Likewise with Wyndam at $65. A friend of mine got the Hilton Marina on Easter for $80 in the same manner. The Hyatt is on the water just a few blocks from Mallory Square and Duval Street.

I would try Priceline.com. If you go HERE you will see extremely good prices that others have obtained during that same time period.

Hyatt Hotel (at $85) is tremendous. Likewise with Wyndam at $65. A friend of mine got the Hilton Marina on Easter for $80 in the same manner. The Hyatt is on the water just a few blocks from Mallory Square and Duval Street.

The Wyndam for $65??? Wow, that's a good price! We paid over $400 per night when we were in KW last July or August (we stayed at the Reach Resort). It was a "junior" suite, or something like that, but in my mind, it was not worth what we paid.

Also, I didn't really care for the location. We were too far away from things (but wanted a beach...and there aren't many hotels with beaches in KW). Next time, I'd stay right where the ships dock. The Hilton (I think) was right next to the shopping area.

For the short time you will be in Key West, the location is at the opposite end of Duval Steet, quite removed from the center of activity. You'll consume LOTS of time walking to everywhere you'll likely want to go. If you use a car, you'll spend LOTS of time looking for extremely limited parking places.

IMHO, I would get a very accessible location close to the other end of Duval Street so as to maximize the short time you'll have.

Has anyone ever stayed here, they gave us a good price for room and the website looks nice

I think the Southernmost Point was not too far from the Wyndham Reach. I'd stay closer to the action. We spent a lot of money on cabs (parking is a nightmare-so we left our car in the hotel lot, which they charged us a fee for also). The cabs charged per-person, not destination. Parking is a nightmare...driving would also be a nightmare, IMO.

I think the trolley is a good way to get around. For $22 or so, you can see the entire area, and get on and off where you want.

kal/twinkletoes4445

Thanks for the info about the location, I will keep checking on other possible choices, looking forward to Key West and my cruise

You'll find a place that is perfect for you...there's a lot to choose from! I think the closer to Duval and Mallory saquare, the easier it's going to see the things you want to see.

Have a great time...and let us know what you finally end up doing. I'd love to know what you end up doing and how you liked it. We plan on returning to KW in the near future...but we are looking for something closer to Mallory Square than the Wyndham.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the advice, most people wanted you to book longer than one night so we stayed at the Hampton Inn, it was about 2 min from Duval Street. we had no problem parking, all the meters were free during the last 2 weeks in December. We ate at the Bagatelle, very good for dinner and breakfast at Camille's very good and great prices at sunset. Hampton was nice, had a pool and hot tub. Sunset celebration was nice, and parasailing was good about $50. p/p

I've had good luck at Key Lime Inn..very clean, nice pool, continental breakfast by the pool, and good location(a couple blocks from Duvall)..fair prices. Last time I stayed at the local Hostel. They also have regular rooms that were nicely priced and clean

Archived