Ready for our first cruise... Ruby Princess Jan 24

Canadian_Made

I too think jeans are too heavy for the Caribbean. Great if you're going on an Alaskan cruise' date=' when you go into port.[/quote']

They would be if you wore them off the but for dinner & lounging around afterward their very comfortable. I've ever noticed anyone wearing them off the ship in the Caribbean.

I too think jeans are too heavy for the Caribbean. Great if you're going on an Alaskan cruise' date=' when you go into port.[/quote']

On our Baltic cruise in September I wore jeans every single day. For our Ruby cruise Thanksgiving, I left my jeans at home. Location, location, location. :)

From our experience, reg. jeans are just to warm when vacationing in the caribbean. My husband is a jean and t-shirts or sweatshirt kind of guy. But, when we cruise, he never takes jeans. They are to warm for him. Usually a pair of light weight khaki's for dinner and a black suit for formal night. Unless we don't plan on going to dinner for formal night(s).Then a couple of polo shirts and MAYBE a sports jacket. Hope this helps. Of coure, shorts when he can.

Jules

Ditto! My husband wears jeans on the plane back and forth but never onboard. It is just as easy to pack a pair of dockers and much lighter weight. We got off the Ruby on Dec 13 and I can honestly say, we only saw jeans one night on one person in the dining room. That said, you would see jeans and shorts in the buffet every night if you ate there. The dress is much more casual in the buffet and the food is pretty good too in the evenings. We usually always eat there on the first night and yes...we wear shorts or the casual attire we embarked with.

Whatever you wear, just enjoy your cruise. The ship is beautiful and very elegant. We loved the entire cruise.

Archived