Lost luggage

neverpar

My friends used Luggage express when we got off the Triumph last week, well their luggage never arrived at the airport. American airlines said that Carnival never gave it to them, Carnival says it went with the rest of the luggage express stuff......what a mess.

Anyone have any idea of who they may call besides American airlines...I have told them to call the Port of Miami..

All the stuff that they bought was in that luggage...they are just sick over the whole ordeal..

Any help or ideas would be appreciated..

Tell me they had trip protection insurance! or that they charged ALL of the cruise fare on a CC that has automatic Trip Protection!!! of that maybe lost luggage is covered under their homeowners insurance!!!

You'll have to track down the Luggage Express "contract" to determine their liability for lost luggage and who to file a claim with. You should also contact Carnival Guest relations and determined who all you have to file a claim with.

ken

Thats why I only carry on and self assist. I make sure I can fit all my stuff in 2 small carryons per person. Usually my 2 carry ons fit on a luggage cart with wheels and I only have to deal with one in tow (one on top of the other). I've heard that some people have seen luggage floating in the ocean in port.:eek: Hate to scare you but it is reality.

Thats why I only carry on and self assist. I make sure I can fit all my stuff in 2 small carryons per person. Usually my 2 carry ons fit on a luggage cart with wheels and I only have to deal with one in tow (one on top of the other). I've heard that some people have seen luggage floating in the ocean in port.:eek: Hate to scare you but it is reality.

The real issue the OP is dealing with is no one will take responsibility for the luggage they put thru luggage express... Carnival says it's the airlines issue and the airline says it's Carnivals issue and who's left holding the bag (no pun inteneded), but the passenger who's luggage is lost !

I have often stated that the luggage express program is just another way to make $$$ for the cruiseline/airline and adds a 3d party into the picture thus increasing the odds of lost or damaged luggage ! I have heard horror stories from friends who tried this on CCL and other cruiselines only to have to deal with the same issues as the OP. Fortunately, they all had insurance and things worked out.

Any reason that the OP couldn't ask CCL to PROVE they gave it to the airlines? Where's the paper trail? CCL would want a signature from the airlines stating "Received 28 cases with names of ... on them". No signature then CCL dropped the ball (bag).

The OP's contract (paid money for services) was with CCL and not the airlines. CCL is responsible to get the job done.

I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say AA lost it. I did a similar luggage valet service last year with RCI out of San Juan, also using AA. My luggage never showed up at the airport when I got home. I was heartbroken because all my souvenirs were packed up [mental note: don't pack souvenirs in checked luggage]. Anyway, I checked with the cruiselines and the airlines and nobody had a clue what happened to it. I was told there was a huge mix up in Miami that day with AA's luggage and that's where I switched planes. I kept calling and checking online, with no luck. I had no less than 3 address labels and tags on my bag.

On the 9th day, I saw online [no one called me] that my luggage was found in Los Angeles. I live on the east coast. They finally sent it back to me 3 days later. When I read the paperwork with all the tracing info I was amazed at all the errors on it. They wrote down that there was no identification, then they called the wrong number, wrote the wrong address, and on and on. On top of that the suitcase had been destroyed, but fortunately everything inside was intact and fine.

Anyway, I was relieved to finally get it back. Keep calling and hopefully yours will show up also.

Best wishes!

p.s.- for future trips make sure that you personally put the correct flight info on your suitcase. I think the valet service may have put the wrong info on mine, but not sure. Another thought- AA probaly says they never recieved the bag so they don't have to pay for the lost luggage. If an airline loses your luggage then they will reimburse you a limited amount if you file a claim.

The real issue the OP is dealing with is no one will take responsibility for the luggage they put thru luggage express... Carnival says it's the airlines issue and the airline says it's Carnivals issue and who's left holding the bag (no pun inteneded), but the passenger who's luggage is lost !

I have often stated that the luggage express program is just another way to make $$$ for the cruiseline/airline and adds a 3d party into the picture thus increasing the odds of lost or damaged luggage ! I have heard horror stories from friends who tried this on CCL and other cruiselines only to have to deal with the same issues as the OP. Fortunately, they all had insurance and things worked out.

I agree with that..Carnival says it gave the luggage to AA, AA says it never got the luggage from Carnival. Even a bigger problem is my friend left the darn paper with the luggage tag numbers in her cabin on the ship!! So she has no idea what the tag numbers are...I'm telling you it's a huge mess.

They did not have insurance. Our TA is going to make some phone calls on Monday as everything is closed on the weekend...

Another thing with this whole mess is that when they signed up for luggage express my friend Mary and her son John were denied by AA or luggage express from using the service, but her husband Juan was approved..it's his luggage that is lost. They never gave a explaination of why they were denied but they were...

Any reason that the OP couldn't ask CCL to PROVE they gave it to the airlines? Where's the paper trail? CCL would want a signature from the airlines stating "Received 28 cases with names of ... on them". No signature then CCL dropped the ball (bag).

The OP's contract (paid money for services) was with CCL and not the airlines. CCL is responsible to get the job done.

She (Mary) has called CCL and AA both said the other is to blame..no one will take responsibilty for the mess..

AA said CCL didn't deliver it and CCL said they did....

If she charged it to her Carnival card, make sure she has a copy of that for proof. They may have to sue them in small claims court. I would just pester Carnival. The squeakey wheel gets the oil!

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/board.asp?symbol=CCL

Write one letter and send one to every person on the list. Or better yet, get an attorney to write one for them. It might only cost them a small fee to get a draft of a letter. I would try to get a copy of the contract/flyer about the program from someone on this board who is going on that same cruise next week, I'm sure someone will help you out. We were on Spirit last week and I remember the flyer left on our bed. Go to the Roll Call and ask for help. The more paperwork you have, the better. Good Luck!

Archived