1st time cruiser, ? re: Carnival Valor

MamaParrotHead

We're looking into Oceanview cabins, and TA quoted us for 6A. what does that mean, and are they decent cabins? my only concerns is that the cabins be above water, have a window and they're not the crappy ones I'm reading nightmare stories about that you can hear engine noise 24/7. anyone up for shedding a little light on the subject for a newbie? thanks!

All cabins are above water..even the ones that are located on the bottom of the ship. A cat 6A is a cabin on the Riveria deck with a window- the window does not open. Did the agent give you a cabin number or a gaurantee? a gaurantee means you will at least get a cabin with a window but your chances of being upgraded to a higher deck or higher category for free is there. You will NOT hear engine noises or rumblings.

here is a link to the deck plans for the Valor http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plans.aspx?shipCode=VA

if you click on the riveria deck-- you will see all the oceanview cabins- they are the yellow one. the cabins that are green are inside cabins. For the best place to feel less motion is low-- (Riveria deck) and mid ship

• 2 months later...

I am going on the Valor in March...and I too booked an oceanview room. I didn't really think about it at the time, but the new design of this ship allows for more balconys and less "ocean view" rooms. Thus...the first two levels of the ship are ocean view rooms...the rest are balconys. SO if you book an ocean view room and they can't upgrade you to a balcony due to availability, then you can pretty much guarantee that you'll be on levels 1 or 2. Not a big deal.....but something to keep in mind.

• 2 months later...

We are on the Valor 6/5 and have an ocean view room, as the balconies were all sold out according to our travel agent. However, she said to wait and book your room later, to get the best available? Not sure how this all works. Thinking I should call to get a room before all the good ones are taken????? This is our first cruise, and I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. How does reserving a specific room work?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived