Suggestion for a San Diego hotel

misha1

Our friends stayed at a hotel in San Deigo that, when they opened thier window shades, it looked like the ship was docking in the hotel lobby. They think it was a Holiday Inn. Can anyone tell me which Holiday Inn this sounds like? Thanks, Julie

Our friends stayed at a hotel in San Deigo that, when they opened thier window shades, it looked like the ship was docking in the hotel lobby. They think it was a Holiday Inn. Can anyone tell me which Holiday Inn this sounds like? Thanks, Julie

Hi Julie.......yes it's the Holiday Inn on the Bay. It is directly across the street from the terminal.

Patti is right on with the Holiday Inn. You can watch your ship come in......as long as you have requested a Harbor view.

Another suggestion...........and one that we have stayed at........and enjoy very much...........and actually can walk to the terminal (not with bags) is the Embassy Suites.

We love staying there.........because they have happy hour....much like the conceirge lounge on RCL.........and have a wonderful breakfast........all included in the price of the room........which is a suite.....with living room and bedroom.;)

Rick

How far is the airport from the cruise terminal?

10 minutes max. About 2 miles. If you don't have a lot of luggage and are real energetic you could even walk it. If you sit on the left side of the plane, look out as you come into land and you will see the cruiseship terminal.

Caribbean boy, I would rent a Car if your planning on arriving a few days early, it is about a 2 hr drive depending on traffic. When we cruised out of San Diego, many of our group flew into San Diego and made it alot easier for them. You probably could arrange a shuttle if you can ahead of time, if you coming in night before your cruise. Our group stayed at the HI Bayside which is right by the airport, and the Hotel shuttle got us to the Terminal within 8 to 10 min, it was an easy loop on N Harbor blvd.

Hotels in that area

1. Holiday Inn on the Bay-Across from Terminal Very pricey for leaving Car

2. Hampton Inn

3. Best Western Bayside 555 N Ash 5 Blocks North

4. Embassy

5. Comfort Inn

6. HI Bayside by Airport, lovely view of the Marina

There are several Car lots by the Airport and one across from Cruise Terminal $11 to 16/day

I will be flying into LAX on the 10th of May @ 19:30, so I guess I'm going to sleep in LA and in the morning I'm going to SD.

Thanks anyway, but supershuttle will get my priority I think or I will rent a car and drive to SD. I'm flying in from Bogota,Colombia. There are no direct flts out of Bogota to SD, so have no choice to go to LAX instead.

I looked at prices for Nov. 14-16/09 in San Diego, because I am booked for the Radiance Nov. 16th. The Embassy Suites were going for close to $300 US per night then!:eek: Why so high for a 3*? I think I will try to book a 4* in downtown SD on Priceline - don't want to risk using Priceline on a 3* there as I have to have a gym everywhere I go.

We stayed at La Pensione hotel last February. At $99/night it was a great bargin and a nice little hotel in the heart of Little Italy with lots of restaurants and cafes in the area. Only 4 blocks from the pier too, a $5 cab ride with luggage. :) It was recommended to us by another CC member. The rooms are small, no air conditioning either. We didn't think we'd need it in February and we were right.

http://www.lapensionehotel.com/

Before retiring from Fed. Gov't I made a few tripsd to San Diego. Most of the time I stayed on Hotel Circle which is close to Old Town. My last trip I stayed at the Embassy across from Seaport Village and a couple of blocks away from the Gaslamp district. Nearby was the diner that was the location of some scenes in 'Top Gun'. With different experiences I've had I think I comes down to what do you want to pay, and what is convenient.

Archived