Refund for Voyager delay into FL 2nd Dec

Ninabelina

After reading another thread about Regent being slow at sending refunds for cancelled cruises etc I would be interested to know if anyone on the Funchal to FLL crossing wihich was a day late arriving into FL has a had a refund for their extra expenses.

We were travelling independently and had booked the train from FLL to Charleston for the 2nd Dec. We should have arrived a day earlier on the cruise and had the night of the 1st Dec booked in a hotel before departing on the Silver Meteor train. We had to buy flights to Charleston whilst on board as Regent couldn't guarantee to having us disembarked in time to catch the train. In the letter they sent around on board it said they would refund any extra costs incurred by guests who had to change thier plans.

We have only just arrived back into the UK as we were travelling for a month. The whole experience was very stress full as it had a knock on effect to the rest of our trip which I won't bore you with but I was also not happy at having to fly as we had wanted to see the countryside of America from the train and I am a very nervous flyer, plus you see nothing from a plane.

My question is, has anyone else who claimed off Regent for the extra expense caused by the delay been refunded yet? and what sort of proceedure have you had to endure. I have written a letter to them and photo copied all the extra costs and the lost cost of the hotel we had booked in FL which we could not stay in but still had to pay fora sit was pre paid with a no refund clause.

I would be interested in members input as it changed the dimension of our holiday considerably and we will not be in a position to take this trip again in the forseeable future.

NB, sorry to hear our Voy TA delay adversely affected your well planned travel plans to

see America...we scanned, emailed (along with our TA) our additional expenses

incurred by the delay to Regent on 3 Dec. We have not heard back...will have our

TA check with Regent tomorrow for a status....my guess is once we get our refunds,

Regent will include the cruise credit ($400 pp) certificates too. We forwarded our

expenses to the email address Regent provided in the "delay" letter they left in every

suite--information@RSSC.com ...will keep cc posted once we hear back

from Regent...r/wes

Wes

It's my understanding that the $400/pp credit is in our portfolio and can be accessed by the TA toward any 2009 cruise. No certificate is necessary. My TA was aware of it and is applying it toward the spring crossing.

Maybe we'll all meet again in the middle of the ocean somewhere!

JoAnne

JoAnne, thanks...in middle of the ocean or Funchal! Only wish we could use our

cc for 2010 (have asked our TA to check) we plan on taking the Voyager for the

Nov Fall crossing (Barcelona to FLL) tho we (as Venetian members--we can book one week early starting 5 Jan) are checking the prices on the maiden crossing

of the brand new 540 pax Silversea Spirit for Jan, 2010 (also Barcelona to FLL)..altho

this crossing may be a tad to long 16 days...

Ida still raves about the LCB cooking workshop....Happy Holidays Joanne.

r/wes

Hmmm. A westbound crossing in January. A chance to try Silver Seas. I may have to check that out. I'm sure I'll book the Navigator crossings as soon as they open, but that is really tempting as well.

Tell Ida I framed my certificate and think of the fun we had in class every time I look at it. I'm already working on the "turning" mushroom technique that I failed so miserably in class. It was definitely the best class yet! Maybe we should do a reunion in Paris and take up the chef's offer of a tour of the Cordon Bleu school.

JoAnne

JoAnne, only message will pass to Ida is a possible reunion at McDonald's in either

Houston or Atlanta.....kidding.

Silversea (whisper/shadow) are almost the same as the Nav (built by same shipyard--

Marrioti)..the new 540 pax Spirit will have the features I really enjoyed on the Voy

(more than 2 dining venues...six)....also you will find the service on SS exceptional...almost

identical, if not to Regent. JoAnne, bookings to the public (vs SS alumni) open

on 12 Jan...believe their route will include either bermuda or turks and caicos as the letter to us from Silversea said enjoy the crossing which will have stops in Europe (guess Valencia, Malaga) and the Carribbean..

r/wes

• 2 weeks later...

Archived