Booking excursions early

EI83

If you know what you want to do, book online to ensure you'll get the excursion you want. Tickets will be delivered to your room the first night. The Shore Excursions desk will be open on boarding day to purchase tix if you want. The Purser's desk can also sell you tickets, but they're so busy with other things that first day that I wouldn't bother them unless there wasn't a line.

Hi EI83, just go to the carnival website and bring up your booking, then go to the plan activities tab, the excursions will be listed there. But they really don't fill them all in till a couple months out from the cruise, so there is little or nothing when you look the first time keep going back.

If you didn't book with Carnival then put your booking number in, if you have problems bringing it up call the travel agency that booked you and you should be able to figure out the booking number to enter into the site. It's here where you'll fill out your fun pass and all that stuff, it REALLY saves time at the port and check in.

Happy sailing, Carole

We prefer booking our excursions in advance, just be aware, you pay when you book, not when you cruise. We like pre-paying to eliminate some of the sail-n-sign shock. Others may prefer the pay as you go approach. BTW, I did have to canx excursions once and rx a credit to my card within days. Once onboard, you can also book excursions thru the interactive TVs on most the newer ships in the fleet. That eleiminates standing in the long lines.

Booking in advance rocks for three reasons.

1) You get the tour you want.

2) You prepay to keep the sail and sign low.

( I buy the tours once the cruise is paid off but before I go)

3) No wasting precious cruise time standing in another line.

Tom in Long Beach.

As soon as your final payment is made you can book shore excursions and purchase gifts online.

BUT....

Most often, the shore excursions don't sell out and once you get on board, you can go to the "shore excursion desk" pick up brochures, ask questions and select the one that's just right for you.

It' always worked for me.:rolleyes:

If there is an excursion that we are really excited about, we always book online (i.e. Dolphin Encounter and St. Kitt's Railroad). Some of the most popular excursions sell out before the ship sails. If you are interested in several of them and not too concerned if you miss one particular one, then wait until you get on board.

Archived