Navigator stabilizers,midship deck 9, how much of an issue?

marska

We are sailing 1/17 and it will be DH's first cruise. I am concerned about the effects of the damaged stabilizer(s)in terms of motion sickness. How much were you affected? We will be midship on Deck 9.

Thanks for your reply!

We were on the 12/11 cruise in a mid ship cabin on deck 9. To be honest, I wasn't the least bit bothered by any motion. Did a tour of the bridge on the last sea day and the Captain did comment on one of the four stabilizers being down, but it wasn't necessary to deploy the others as the seas weren't rough enough. Until then, we had no idea of the problem. Unless there is some really weird weather on your cruise, I wouldn't worry about it.

If the seas are calm, there is no need for stabilizers - they are not permanently deployed when the ship is sailing. If the seas are rough - even if all stabilizers are deployed, if someone is prone to motion sickness, they are going to feel the motion. My partner is that type, and it just doesn't matter how many stabilizers are working to someon sensitive to the motion of the ocean. Stabilizers are no match for mother nature. They simpy reduce *some* motion for the average person. You either "feel it" or you don't. I recommend being ready with one of the motion sickness remedies if someone is prone to it, no matter if all four stabilizers work, or don't.

How did you like the 5 day cruise? The 4 day is a bit odd as there's only one port stop.

Hi,

We are on the Jan. 8th four day cruise to Cozumel. Did you post a cruise review? I noticed you said the four dayer was a bit odd. Why? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We are sailing 1/17 and it will be DH's first cruise. I am concerned about the effects of the damaged stabilizer(s)in terms of motion sickness. How much were you affected? We will be midship on Deck 9.

Thanks for your reply!

We were on deck 7 aft on the Dec 11th sailing and was not affected by motion sickness. I am prone to motion sickness and did wear my patch.

In previous rough sailings, I still did have some nausea even with wearing the patch, but not this trip and the seas were a little rough on our sailing. I don't think you will have a problem but be prepared with back-up Bonine or Ginger. Have a great time! :)

How did you like the 5 day cruise? The 4 day is a bit odd as there's only one port stop.

It was good...........of course,not as good as a 7 nighter.....but hey,we take what we can................Im going on the 4 nighter in Feb.....

Hi,

We are on the Jan. 8th four day cruise to Cozumel. Did you post a cruise review? I noticed you said the four dayer was a bit odd. Why? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Only odd in that we spent a lot to time coming and going. Unfortunately, our port day was horrible weather wise. We did the Passion Island beach day and froze the whole time.

Thanks for your reply!

I will be on the same cruise as you. It will be SO's first cruise as well and she is prone to motion sickness.

Half the game w/ her is mental, so please DO NOT mention the missing stabilizer if we ever meet. We'll keep it a secret :)

I will be on the same cruise as you. It will be SO's first cruise as well and she is prone to motion sickness.

Half the game w/ her is mental, so please DO NOT mention the missing stabilizer if we ever meet. We'll keep it a secret :)

You should check out the Roll Call (Meet and Mingle) for this cruise. We have a great goup going!~

Archived