Looking for NEWS on VOYAGER-Galveston!!!

TEXASMUNK

And cruiseloverandagent, if you post here, I started a thread looking for you on the ports board. :)

Patty - don't we need to go to "that place" before you leave so you can doc dance and torture us that you are cruising before we are? :D

ABSOLUT-ly! :D See you Friday. :p ;)

I bet she did:p, would have loved to see Tori on TV...

Do you recall the stuffed bear that Marty the shopping guide gave her? She ended up getting a frog from Del Sol in Cozumel...and named him Concierge after Martin's job. So we were watching Eric and Tracy do the taping, I was watching some of the sports on the screen in the bar...and Tori watched intently as they taped...Tracy called Tori over to interview her. Of course Tracy asked if the frog had a name etc...was cute. I was glad that Tori didn't go into the bit on having the Horns cuz then I'd have likely been pulled over and interviewed which is not my forte.

Tori also showed up at the last minute for Family Talent Show after the Galley tour...they were on the last prize and she managed to get to go and do her number and win a prize as well.

Tori would have a great time cruising with y'all again. She wants to try out the Freedom class so maybe Christmas or NYE will get moved.

Y'all take good care!!!

I can't believe so many people complain about the food. It must not be as bad as people are saying otherwise people wouldn't go back! I hope it's not horrible, we will be there this weekend.

I was on Voyager week before last. I thought the dining room food was excellent every night - like a very good (but not a super gourmet) restaurant. Portofino food was another notch up. Windjammer was about what you would expect at an average Las Vegas buffet, about like Flamingo (not a real good one like Paris, but not terrible). Cafe Promenade is fine for what it is - just decent snacks for early morning, between meals, late at night, or coffee.

Yes, there was a coffee post in the JS on the VY 1/25/09 cruise.

A couple of other things to add:

Eric the cruise director and Tracy the activities manager have a show they do evey day on channel 14 about the day's activities. It's really a hoot. Also, don't miss the dis-em-bark show on channel 27 that runs the last three days. It's really good.

If you have any problems at all with the waiters at lunch or any other time just see any one of the head waiters and it will be fixed right then. Never go away unhappy with the service. Take a second and support the training/motivation effort.

Thanks Pete. Guess I'll take my Folgers and some filters. I've got to have my early morning coffee and cruise ship coffee is usually pretty yuck, IMHO.

We've signed up for the My Time Dining. Pretty happy to have it available on our sailing.

Martin, the concierge has been very helpful so far.

Cathy

I can't believe so many people complain about the food. It must not be as bad as people are saying otherwise people wouldn't go back! I hope it's not horrible, we will be there this weekend.

No way...it is not horrible. We enjoyed everything we ate in the dining room. Wish I could eat some of that cruise ship food now...yummy! Unfortunately, I'm back on my diet :D.

Angela

my 4 some agree that the windjammer was not great for the evening meal- in the past we have eaten in the w.j. one or 2 nights per cruise depending on if i am running late getting ready....lol- and we have never had any complaints til this cruise- 1/ 25/09 vos - fewer desireable selections - probably just a cost cutting thing - we gladly got ready for 5:30 dinner the rest of the cruise- we enjoyed the meals in the dining room and in portofino- we did the murder mystery dinner in portofino- it was great fun but we didnt know we would not be able to order what we wanted from the menu- we were given a choice of shrimp or ? steak? ( i got the shrimp and forget what dh got) we started the event in the high notes lounge with champagne and then went to the restaurant for the rest of the show , the meal, and unlimited wine-

the food in the w.j. for breakfast and lunch was fine- seemed about the same as past cruises- plus we had a b-b-q at the pool deck one lunch and a chili cookoff there for another lunch-

it was a fun cruise and we did find plenty to eat one place or another......lol

I think I read a post that mentioned a recent engine problem on the Voyager. Any recent cruisers able to comment on whether they arrived in the ports ontime?

We arrived at all three ports early and docked in Galveston plenty early to avoind the fog! There was some vibration when we were cruising over about 20 knots but didn't bother my sleep in an aft cabin. Enjoy - and leave the driving to them :)

hum we were told the Voyager does not have My Time Dining.We will be sailing 4-12-09,sure wish they did.They said Voyager has not implemented this yet.

My time dinning began with 58 seats on Sunday, Feb 1. It's just beginning and will be expanded as the situation on board allows. :)

Dec. 21, 2008 sailing - none of the 4 Junior Suites our family sailed in had coffee pots!

Maybe it was because we were in an aft JS and it was so far to anything they put the pot there so we could have coffee to make the trip to the dinning room or WJ ;) It could have been left over from Europe where they value the hot tea much higher. Whatever the reason it was there we didn't find time to use it. :)

hum we were told the Voyager does not have My Time Dining.We will be sailing 4-12-09,sure wish they did. They said Voyager has not implemented this yet.

We sail Voyager 2/22 and have MTD. You probably should call RCCL and check again. Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Hi Pete,

Since MTD has started did this change the time for early and late seating or is it still 5:30 and 8:00? Thanks.

It was 5:30 and 8:00 on the Jan 25th sailing that did not have MTD.

MTD began on the Feb 1st cruise and I don't know if regular seating changed or not. It usually depends on how many people want but can't get first seating.

Just a quick question. Leaving on the Voyager on Sunday. Can we check in our luggage around 11:00, then go back to the hotel, leave the car and take the shuttle to the port? Unfortunatly, I am an over packer and would like to take it directly to the dock and not have to hassle with the shuttle and the luggage. Need all that stuff for the Cabin Crawal!!

Just a quick question. Leaving on the Voyager on Sunday. Can we check in our luggage around 11:00, then go back to the hotel, leave the car and take the shuttle to the port? Unfortunatly, I am an over packer and would like to take it directly to the dock and not have to hassle with the shuttle and the luggage. Need all that stuff for the Cabin Crawal!!

I don't see why that would be a problem....of course you will have to be patient with the traffic at the terminal. The porters will take your bags curb side starting around 10:30. Enjoy :)

Archived