Looking for NEWS on VOYAGER-Galveston!!!

TEXASMUNK

Pete,

Your IMMA Critter link has been suspended.

I changed the link recently and just clicked on it now and it works fine.....

Must have been the old one when you tried it.

How's everything in the adjusting business? We had a great time on VY and everything went great. Are you still on the Alaska cruise? I noticed some folks dropped off a while back. Anyway, hope you are healthy, happy, and doing something you love. :)

x10Hosting - Account Suspended

Pete,

This is what I get when I click on the link.

Yes, we are still on the Alaska cruise. The roll call was really slow for awhile, but things are starting to gel. People are getting excited since we are less than 100 days out. Lots of planning and things to do.

Do the research for the ports has been a nightmare for me as the WIFI here is horrible. I have spent more time on this cruise researching tours than I have ever done on any other one.

We are still in Bacliff and should be here at least another month. We will be home by the middle of April as we will have to get ready to cruise.

Sure glad we have the larger RV to live in, I might have killed him by now if we had been in our older one. Having the four slides makes a big difference.

They are offering ATD on the Serenade. Not sure if I want to try it!! Have you cruised with anyone that has used the ATD?

Hope things are well in your neck of the woods.

I don't see why that would be a problem....of course you will have to be patient with the traffic at the terminal. The porters will take your bags curb side starting around 10:30. Enjoy :)

Thanks, I think we will do that. Anything special that people want to know that I can answer next week? We came down from OKC yesterday to Dallas, will leave for Houston today, and head to Galveston Saturday for an M&M with the people on our next cruise in November. So we are on our way.

We were able to sign up for MTD for our 3/8 cruise! Does the CL have the famous cappacino machine?

The coffee machine is up and running. Enjoy :) and please say hello to Martin for me. He is such a great guy.

I sure hope the next wave of Voyager cruisers come back with some reviews. I don't think we've had any on the 1/18 or 1/25 sailings. Although Pete gave us a few crumbs ;). And those were appreciated! And for what its worth - we had a JS last year and I don't recall a coffee pot.

I sure hope the next wave of Voyager cruisers come back with some reviews. I don't think we've had any on the 1/18 or 1/25 sailings. Although Pete gave us a few crumbs ;). And those were appreciated! And for what its worth - we had a JS last year and I don't recall a coffee pot.

You are correct about the coffee pots. I think it is a "new" thing that happened during the last Med season.

Here are a few more crumbs:

The shore side stuff at Galveston has really improved. Getting on and off the ship has never been better.

Eric and the CD staff are doing a great job.

I have given this next comment a lot of thought and so here it is:

The food quality and selection is not what it was last year. I'm sorry, I'm usually "no one is hungry on a cruise ship" cheer leader but it's very noticable that the budget is trimming the fat ;)

The internet is getting a little faster for lap tops 'cause the crew band width has been lessoned. I'm not sure that is a good thing for the crew but checking your email or doing a CC live is a little better now.

The C&A gift was a ball cap.

More areas are smoke free - including Piggly Wiggly! which is great for Deric Lewis.

:)

Found this one a few minutes ago: Voyager cruise 1-18-2009

Enjoy :)

LOL - thanks Pete. :D Yeah, I know, the advance reviews just feed into my anticipation. If I can't be there, then I can live vicariously through the next guy. Thanks for the crumbs. ;) There are some areas I need to explore this time - didn't do Viking Crown Lodge at sunset, too busy doing concierge lounge. Didn't do Aquarium Bar or a single even in Cleopatra's Needle. So this time I need to expand my horizons a bit.

LOL - thanks Pete. :D Yeah, I know, the advance reviews just feed into my anticipation. If I can't be there, then I can live vicariously through the next guy. Thanks for the crumbs. ;) There are some areas I need to explore this time - didn't do Viking Crown Lodge at sunset, too busy doing concierge lounge. Didn't do Aquarium Bar or a single even in Cleopatra's Needle. So this time I need to expand my horizons a bit.

Viking Crown Lounge at sunset shouldn't be any problem at all ..... the overflow CL will be in the Seven Hearts room. ;)

I posted that Voyager 1/18 cruise thread because I submitted the review Sunday to member reviews and it hasn't shown up yet. Whoever is responsible for posting the member reviews must be on a cruise.;)

So it's not that no one has submitted any, it's that they haven't been posted yet. I would bet there are people who were on my cruise who will also be submitting cruise reviews, because it was a very interesting cruise.

Hi Erica,

It was great to meet you last Sunday at the terminal in Galveston. I must compliment you on how smoothly boarding and debarkation were! We were VERY impressed!

Now, my problem.....

We found a piece of jewelry in our staterrom that was purchased in one of the ship's shops by a previous guest. Her name is on the receipt and I would love to get this back to her, as it wasn't cheap! Is there any way that you can help me get an address for her, if I give you her name? If not, can I bring you the jewelry so that you can return it to her?

You can e-mail me at enstedda@aol.com and let me know how to get the jewelry back to its owner, if you can help me.

Thanks,

J of J&G

Since MTD has started did this change the time for early and late seating or is it still 5:30 and 8:00? Thanks.

We were on the 2/1 Voyager sailing, and these times were still in effect.

cruisinmom2, what was the response to MTD on the first week? What area did they have for MTD? We are thinking of changing to MTD since main dining is so early.

Thanks,

Tom

Redfish, sorry I do not know. We made a decision not to try it this time because we were with a large group. If I had not read about it on CC, I would not have even known it was being offered.

Thanks we are a party of 6 and i think we are going to try it on the 3-8-09 cruise. I just cannot see eating at 5:30 and 8:00 is to late for my Wife's Mom.

Just got off the Voyager yesterday and do have to say it was one of, if not the best cruise ever. The weather didn't cooperate for water activities and cancelled Jamica altogether and there were many dissappointed cruisers. For us, this was our first time on the Voyager but our 4th time to the ports and all we wanted was a relaxing, laid back cruise. We got that and more! Our hang out spots became the Aquarium Bar, the Pig and Whistle (we both became superstars), and the Cafe Promonade.

On Monday we received a call from the excursion desk and were told that maintenance work was needed in our cabin on both Cozumal and Grand Cayman days and they would need us to be out of our cabin on those 2 days. I'm thinking, not a problem, we'll just get up earlier to head out to shop. But no, the shore excursion manager continues on that to compensate us for our inconvience they would like to give us free excursions in both ports. For Cozumal, we were offered and accepted the Tulum Mayan Ruins and Beach Break - a $99 value each! We were going to just hang out and shop that day so we quickly accepted this one. For Grand Cayman they offered the Land and Sea - a $79 value each. We turned that one down because we had prebooked a similar land tour with Capt Marvin and told them we would just be ready to leave our cabin earlier. Then on Wed, Martin calls us and tells us he had left us tender tickets one under our door and did we get them? I mentioned in our conversation that I had heard lots of good things about him on CC. Well, next thing, he sends us Conceirege Lounge cards! Now this was our platium cruise and we were in a JS so we were delighted to be able to enjoy a few drinks and preorder some wine for dinner on one formal night. All of this, and I mean all, was never asked for nor were we ever upset about having to be out of our cabin. We honestly feel the Voyager Officers and Crew went above and beyond for this slight incovience.

Our only problem in the whole cruise was a mix up in our Portofino's reservation. That was handled well and we received wine and champagne with our meal.

We were at table 443 and Rick and Nick were absolutly the best. And at the Aquarium Bar, Keith and Carlos became our overall favorite bartenders. Loved their personal service. Keith would actually see me coming and have my usual sitting before me before I even got on the barstool completely. We really enjoyed Derek's show on several occasions and glad he is back on a ship out of Texas. The staff in the Cafe Promonade were always friendly as well as in the Windjammer. Having my last 5 cruises being on other than RCL, I found the food to be much much better than I remembered. Both in the Windjammer and the MDR.

The ship looked to be in extremely good condition considering it is headed for dry dock in a few months. There are little things but it still looks outstanding.

By far, the best thing were the fellow cruisers. We had a wonderful Roll Call group and it was great meeting the ones we were able to do so. And we had two wonderful couples for tablemates. And I so enjoyed talking to Margie from Fredericksburg - sure hope I have that much moxey when I get to be her age. And I can't ever forget John and King - love you guys and will be sending you an e-mail soon.

We will be back on the Voyager one day.

Archived