Southern Caribbean Excursions

jmb1101

I am overwhelmed by the choices of excursions. We want to see the best of each island, whether that's snorkeling, city tours or hiking. So, What are the best excursions for each of these islands:

St. Maarten

Grenada

Bonaire

Dominica

Aruba

OR, if just walking around would be best, we could do that too.

I am overwhelmed by the choices of excursions. We want to see the best of each island, whether that's snorkeling, city tours or hiking. So, What are the best excursions for each of these islands:

St. Maarten beach on your own either Maho for the big planes plus a french beach, shopping, America's cup then the beach..

Grenada snorkeling, tubing or a spoce tour. do not go around alone as the vendors are a pain about buying. the spice market is worth walking too but advoid others as much as you can.

Bonaire ship tour-the Seacow for snorkeling- bonaire is small and to snorkel the ship is the way to go.

Dominica been years but i did a ship land tour there used the internet in town also

Aruba Jolley Roger snorkel boat.. book online and go by taxi.. you will have enough time to ship later

OR, if just walking around would be best, we could do that too.

I have been to all these islands two or more times. bonaure has two places to eat andabout 10 stores. all the other stores are shopping mecca's. most ports you can find the best tours here or by reseaching online. alos in St M's try Island marketing LTD. I am using them twice this winter.

also go to Marigot fro lunch or drinks and shopping.

need more help just ask

I'm on the modified version of this cruise - we go to Barbados and Tobago instead of Aruba and Bonaire. There are enough choices for everyone - one thing I will say on St. Maarten is that we are there on a Sunday, when everything in Marigot is closed...and most tours do include a stop there, so not sure what they do on a Sunday...we chose the tour there that goes to the wildlife places. Grenada is known for spices, so we chose a tour that included that. Dominica sounded wonderful, so many places, and the X tours you had to choose one or two stops, so we opted for a private tour that pretty much goes to everything we wanted to see (Bumpiing Tours).

I don't see how anyone can advise you, though, really...some people like the adventure tours, some like history, some just want to lay on the beach - you know yourself, just pick what sounds good to YOU.

Just noticed you are a fairly new poster...did you know there is a Ports of Call section that talks about each island and what to do there? Easiest way to get there is up the top of the page, click on the Main CC Message board link, then find Ports of Call. Maybe someone can tell you an easier way to find it.

Archived