Recovering from surgery... need excusion suggestions

kellanrevere

I hope no-one minds me posting here. I am not disabled but will be very limited in what I can do on excursions as I will be 3 weeks into full abdominal hysterectomy recovery.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on Aruba, Bonaire, Dominica, Grenada, St Thomas and Princess Cay.

I love to snorkel and will possibly be able to walk into the water but certainly not be able to get back onto a boat.

I am traveling with DH and a good friend who are looking forward to river tubing (as was I but alas...:(). Has anyone taken a good private tour on Dominica that can include river tubing for them and less active sightseeing for me?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I had a full hysterectomy several years ago, when I was only 29.

Whilst you will be over the trauma of the initial operation, you will still get extremely tired very easily. I certainly wouldn't book anything that involves you being away from the ship for more than 3 hours and even then you would probably need to rest afterwards.

I am sure you will enjoy the cruise, but be prepared for the fact that it will still be early days in terms of your recovery.

I had a particial when I was 34. Yes, you will tire quickly so 1/2 day excursions will be best. Do rest when you feel tired. You can go on s hort snorkle tour that miht have one or two stops but I suggest that you stick with bus type tours this time. Also do not book a messauge this time but a facial may aid you in relaxing.

Archived