Live from NCL Sky

hazeleyes

The ship is nice and well taken care of Last week we had great weather today we are on the 2nd leg of our cruise and the weather is windy and the seas were rough leaving Miami yesterday. The sewar smell is true and you can smell it at the end of the ships from deck 4 and up.

We are having a great time. Will post when we get back.

The ship is nice and well taken care of Last week we had great weather today we are on the 2nd leg of our cruise and the weather is windy and the seas were rough leaving Miami yesterday. The sewar smell is true and you can smell it at the end of the ships from deck 4 and up.

We are having a great time. Will post when we get back.

We just upgraded to an outside cabin the whole way aft on deck 8. Do you suppose we will smell it in the cabin? How is the food? Enjoy your cruise and thanks for posting. :)

I was on the Sky last weekend, but I can't say that I detected a "sewer" smell. What I did catch, from time to time, was a faint odor of sewer treatment chemicals, but I never smelled the sewage.

I just wanted to put this into perspective -- smelling raw sewage is a lot different than smelling treatment chemicals, although I can see how one would be associated with the other.

Anyway, the smell was very benign, in my opinion, and didn't detract one bit from the cruise.

Just my humble opinion...

We just upgraded to an outside cabin the whole way aft on deck 8. Do you suppose we will smell it in the cabin? How is the food? Enjoy your cruise and thanks for posting. :)

Inside the rooms you dont smell anything. Near the elevator and inside the elevators is where we mainly smelled it. Also we did not eat in the main dining room at the end of the ship for that same reason.

The smell is like a backed up sewer smell.

The buffet is very small, we only ate there one time. The lines were huge and not alot of places to sit etc. They have the outdoor area open as well for breakfast and lunch, in the longboard bar and in the italian restaurant they make omlets and waffels to order, the main dining room breakfast was great also. At lunch time in the italian restaurant they made pizza and pasta you choose your sauce and pasta they have the action stations and cook it right in front of you. I basically lived on pasta for lunch every day and then toped it off with hard ice cream also served at the italian restaurant from 12 till 2pm every day.

I was on the Sky last weekend, but I can't say that I detected a "sewer" smell. What I did catch, from time to time, was a faint odor of sewer treatment chemicals, but I never smelled the sewage.

I just wanted to put this into perspective -- smelling raw sewage is a lot different than smelling treatment chemicals, although I can see how one would be associated with the other.

Anyway, the smell was very benign, in my opinion, and didn't detract one bit from the cruise.

Just my humble opinion...

I have a very good nose so maybe your sense of smell is not as good as mine? lol

Archived