OBC question

retnuh281

I booked months ago during a sale for the 7 day Voyager cruise out of Galveston for spring break. At the time we were told we would receive an OBC of $100.00. We are paid in full and have been told the $133.00 fuel surcharge will also be an OBC. Is there any way of knowing these two credits have actually happened? Or, will I have to wait to see it on the TV in our cabin?

Inquiring mind.........

You might be able to see it if you ask them to email you a copy of your reservation. Otherwise, the day after you sail, you should be able to go to Guest Services and ask them and it should be applied. You will also be able to see it on the TV once you have it.

I always call and get a copy of my reservation. It always shows whatever OBC's I have. Guessing the Fuel OBC won't show up though, you won't see that until you get on the ship.

I booked months ago during a sale for the 7 day Voyager cruise out of Galveston for spring break. At the time we were told we would receive an OBC of $100.00. We are paid in full and have been told the $133.00 fuel surcharge will also be an OBC. Is there any way of knowing these two credits have actually happened? Or, will I have to wait to see it on the TV in our cabin?

Inquiring mind.........

Your travel agent can pull up your reservation on her/his computer and see exactly what OBC or any other gift has been applied.

Your travel agent can pull up your reservation on her/his computer and see exactly what OBC or any other gift has been applied.

Ok since I work for a T/A..I've never seen an OBC unless its fulfilled by the CL. If we give one as a promo it cannot be viewed in cruisingpower but can be by RCL agents.

Ok since I work for a T/A..I've never seen an OBC unless its fulfilled by the CL. If we give one as a promo it cannot be viewed in cruisingpower but can be by RCL agents.

My wife who is a TA does this all the times. She goes into CruiseMatch. Pulls the record and checks every transaction made to it including any and all OBS's

The booking must have been created by the travel agency as they cannot look at any reservation not made by that agency

Being a stock holder we get OBC and we always check to make sure it was applied.

I always like to have all my ducks lined up before going too much trouble correcting errors after the fact

Get you BDM to show you how

Sice you all have answered my question, how about we take suggestions how to smuggle booze on board, or the best way to "save" a lounger by the pool.

Better yet.....jeans in the MDR.

Grab the popcorn.

Thanks again

You can try placing the smuggled bottles of booze or rum runners on the pool lounges to save them, while you are changing into your jeans for formal night.** :p

**This suggestion was made in an attempt at humor, yes, it was only an attempt. This is in no way intended to suggest that people smuggle booze, hog chairs or wear jeans on formal night. I wear a tux, purchase my martinis and wait for a chair when I cruise. Void where licensed, prohibited or taxed. No animals (not even towel animals) were harmed in my poor attempt at humor.

Eric

You can try placing the smuggled bottles of booze or rum runners on the pool lounges to save them, while you are changing into your jeans for formal night.** :p

**This suggestion was made in an attempt at humor, yes, it was only an attempt. This is in no way intended to suggest that people smuggle booze, hog chairs or wear jeans on formal night. I wear a tux, purchase my martinis and wait for a chair when I cruise. Void where licensed, prohibited or taxed. No animals (not even towel animals) were harmed in my poor attempt at humor.

Eric

Your disclaimer is priceless!!!!

Sad thing is, no one will see it because of the title of this thread.

Generally we take our towel animals to the pool to save the chairs. Those monkeys can get pretty mean if they have to.

Your disclaimer is priceless!!!!

Sad thing is, no one will see it because of the title of this thread.

Generally we take our towel animals to the pool to save the chairs. Those monkeys can get pretty mean if they have to.

"Do you have a license for the minkey?" Inspector Clousseau

Sorry, I'm in 3 weeks to cruise mode. :p

Eric

You might be able to see it if you ask them to email you a copy of your reservation. Otherwise, the day after you sail, you should be able to go to Guest Services and ask them and it should be applied. You will also be able to see it on the TV once you have it.

We received a post card the day we boarded in our stateroom that showed how much OBC we had. Didn't see it on the TV until the next day.

Clouseau: Does yer dewg bite?

Inn Keeper: No

Clouseau: Nice Doggy (bends down to pet a dachshund - it snarls and bites him)

I thought you said yer dewg did not bite!

Inn Keeper: Zat... iz not my dog!

Clouseau: Does yer dewg bite?

Inn Keeper: No

Clouseau: Nice Doggy (bends down to pet a dachshund - it snarls and bites him)

I thought you said yer dewg did not bite!

Inn Keeper: Zat... iz not my dog!

By far one of the funniest gags ever captured on film! :D

I can't take credit for "lime cat." That image was e-mailed to me by a friend a few years ago. It still cracks me up and makes me think of mojitos! ;)

To keep this cruise related: "Boy, I can't wait to get on the Serenade of the Seas in 25 days! :)

Eric

life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you a big lime, make a helmet for your cat.

Then can you take credit for this? Thats reaaaalllly funny. I hope it's not copy righted, because Iv'e actually used it a couple times. People just look at me like, Whaaaaaa?????

To keep this cruise related, only 82 days till mine. Aughhhhh

John

I made up the signature line about life handing you lemons and limes. The original caption to the photo was something like, what happens when you are watching football, have too many margaritas, a big lime and a patient cat.

I claim no copyright on the signature line. Fair use policy applies. :)

John, those 82 days will go by fast.

Eric

Archived