I went to check my reservation today.....

ktpc2005

I went to print a copy of my documents to show my wife who wanted to see it. When I went in to my documents, it says documents were not available for reservations that were not paid in full. I almost had a heart attack, because I had been paid in full for over a month. I even printed out the my documents for other guests in our party yesterday. I then went into make a payment section to see what was wrong and saw that I owed $170:eek:.

I called up Carnival to see whats the matter. The first person I talked to was rude said that it was my fuel supplement charge so I should not worry:confused:. I said that cant be right because one my supplement was only $110 and two it was not a credit but a charge. I think she has probably used that answer to explain a lot of things lately, but doesnt apply in that case.

She then quickly transfered me to another department, probably the special promotion desk because I used Citi Thank you point vouchers. I spoke to a nice lady who then put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back and said that the vouchers were put on my account, but not correctly. After a certain time period the vouchers are taken off the booking, with the computer thinking that they were never mailed in. The computer then put the balance back on my account thinking that I had not paid it.

Now that my blood pressure is back down, I will be ok.

It sometimes pays to be checking different cruise information everyday. I wonder what I would have done if it comes to a week before the cruise and I came across this or one day I logged in and the reservation was gone.:eek:

I went to print a copy of my documents to show my wife who wanted to see it. When I went in to my documents, it says documents were not available for reservations that were not paid in full. I almost had a heart attack, because I had been paid in full for over a month. I even printed out the my documents for other guests in our party yesterday. I then went into make a payment section to see what was wrong and saw that I owed $170:eek:.

I called up Carnival to see whats the matter. The first person I talked to was rude said that it was my fuel supplement charge so I should not worry:confused:. I said that cant be right because one my supplement was only $110 and two it was not a credit but a charge. I think she has probably used that answer to explain a lot of things lately, but doesnt apply in that case.

She then quickly transfered me to another department, probably the special promotion desk because I used Citi Thank you point vouchers. I spoke to a nice lady who then put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back and said that the vouchers were put on my account, but not correctly. After a certain time period the vouchers are taken off the booking, with the computer thinking that they were never mailed in. The computer then put the balance back on my account thinking that I had not paid it.

It sometimes pays to be checking different cruise information everyday. I wonder what I would have done if it comes to a week before the cruise and I came across this or one day I logged in and the reservation was gone.:eek:

Same thing has happened to DH and I except ours has not had a happy ending yet...

Ours still show that we owe a balance...

Thank you for posting this....;)

I check for things like this, checked for my shareholder credit, and looking for my fuel credit. Then with different people coming, I have been inputing their information into the funpass section. Then I check in see to make sure I did it right.

wow, this just happened to me too. It took me two weeks of calling to get it straightened out.

I don't think that dept is very organized.

Archived