Flights to Boudicca with Thomson

new-cruiser785

A friend and I are going on a Caribbean cruise on board Boudicca on 1st January flying with Thomson Airways from Manchester. Has anyone any experience of a similar flight? Our flight information sheets mention complimentary drinks but nothing about food. Surely they will feed us on a 10 hour flight? On review sites Thomson don't seem to have a very good reputation but I was wondering if this will be a better experience as it is a Fred Olsen charter.

I would be grateful for anyone's views.

Hi there , let me first of all put your mind at rest , yes they will feed you as it is a ten hour flight . You will be served breakfast / lunch depending on the time of your flight and if i`m not mistaken you will recieve mid-morning tea and biscuits or afternoon tea . As it is a 10 hour flight you may well get a second meal . I am just back from a 7 and a half hour flight from New York and we got tea and sandwiches , a lunch and mid afternoon snacks which consisted of a filled roll and nacho`s with a choice of tea , coffee or juice . Thompson is owned by the TUI Group and is a big operation... relax and enjoy the flight .

P.S. I too am booked on Boudicca in the summer for a trip to Norway , if you remember when you get back can you give us all a review of the ship ?

Many thanks and enjoy your cruise ...:):):)

Thanks for the reply Stephen. I suspect that most people who have a decent flight don't bother to review.

I'll try to review the cruise soon after we get back while it's fresh in my mind.

Back to the pre-holiday chores now - washing, ironing, packing and making lists of stuff I need to do before we go!

A friend and I are going on a Caribbean cruise on board Boudicca on 1st January flying with Thomson Airways from Manchester. Has anyone any experience of a similar flight? Our flight information sheets mention complimentary drinks but nothing about food. Surely they will feed us on a 10 hour flight? On review sites Thomson don't seem to have a very good reputation but I was wondering if this will be a better experience as it is a Fred Olsen charter.

I would be grateful for anyone's views.

Hopefully being downhill, the way I look at the map anyway, it might be a bit shorter. I only picked up my tickets yesterday and they said that there would be meals courtesy of FO, so that is a relief. We are flying from Newquay which was only cleared to handle traffic after the handover from the RAF on 20th December.

For what its worth we have flown to Aruba and also Miami(for a cruise)previously and it was as good as a flight that long can be. What is far preferable to my mind is that we set sail on this cruise and there is only one cruise with a great itinerary. OUr last Carribean cruise was with NCL on the Pearl and whilst we havd a great time we lost a day as it was a back to back, ie two cruises according to them so in Miami we had to disembark and reembark once again passing through customs and security which was a real pain. I was hoping to upgrade on the flight or rather my wife was for my sake as I suffer a bit in the restricted seating but once you get off you forget it.

Your public profile says, "Never cruised before and probably won't again."

I hope you will be more positive after this experience.

I hope this makes sense I am celebrating the new year as I will not be drinking tomorrrrrrow night.

A Happy New Year New Cruiser 785, perhaps we shall see you aboard, we are the ones missing our puppy aged 6 months but intent to enjoy the days the best way we can.

Check out this thread with a write up by Keith Lancashore for info:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862454&highlight=

Meal and complementary drinks are server courtesy of Fred Olsen.

Baggage checked in in the UK arrives in your cabin (eventually). Maybe a couple of hours after you do. You will have to survive on what is in your hand-baggage until then and maybe want to allow for this.

Baggage collected on Boudicca on evening before return flight was next seen on carousel at airport in UK - neat!

Archived