Hoping you can help....

mcnabb3801

We are new cruisers....

When we board the ship and set up our Sail and Sign account is that at the purser's desk.... We are just wandering because our TA put our cc on our documents for our S&S but we would like to put cash, OBC and FunShip Dollars as a deposit....possibly around $650.... and only use our CC if we have to..anything over and above what we have as a credit

If we have to set up our account as soon as we board the ship and not at the purser's desk how will they know that we have the Fuel OBC and Funship Dollars (the funship dollars are paper and have not been applied yet) At the immediate time of sailing the only credit that should show up are the OBC for the Fuel and a $200 OBC that we paid for last week (total of $298 and not the Paper Funship Dollars. We are trying to use our cc as little as possible but dont want to have a mix up... Can we give the desk who sets up the S&S the Funship Dollars (paper) to apply?

Please help

What I am more concerned about is that when we set up the S&S onboard - How can I apply the Funship Dollars to our OBC if I have paper dollars and have not already applied them....If we can not have those applied then our account will only have about $300 not the $400 requested deposit. (for 2 people)

Again we are trying to avoid using our cc as much as possible and only want what is above abd beyond our credits, dollars etc to be charged and not the deposit....

Someone hellllpppppp

I have always done cash on my S&S and they tell me at check in just to see the Purser's desk when I board. If you want to use your cc as a back up in case you go over, you can go ahead and have them swipe it at check in and then go the Purser's desk once on the ship and give them your vouchers and cash. Any purchases made will first be applied to the cash/vouchers and then to the cc if you go over.

Why would they be swiping the credit card if I have $600 in OBC, Fun Ship dollars and Cash? Are they swiping it just to document the cc# for the overage or are they actually putting a hold on the cc for the $400 requested deposit? (The hold is what we are trying to avoid)

If you have that amount in cash or funship dollars or OBC, then you shouldnt need to provide a cc to secure your on board account. Just let them know what you want to do when you check in. It will be no problem. Just for future reference, it's easiest to mail in the funship dollars ahead of time and they will be applied to your on board account prior to the cruise, and you will save the hassle of dealing with this when you board or having to wait in line at the purser's desk to straighten it all out.

Thank you for the answer... We will know for next time to mail them in but we bought them at the last minute and didnt want to take the chance of them not getting them in time... When you check in can the check in Desk see your OBC or S&S credit... When we go on the cruise we will have already have $298 in credit just want to make sure that they can see that....

I appreciate your response

Archived