Cruising with our 5 year old.

captfrdom

My wife and I will be cruising in Feb 05 and will be taking our only son who is just 2 months shy of 5 years old. I guess I am wondering is how it works with dropping him off at certain activities - will we stay with him or get a chance to do our own thing occationally. It is difficult to anticipate activities since this is our first cruise and are not sure what to expect. Any help would be appreciated:rolleyes:

The day you arrive on board you go to the kids camp where you register him for camp, they will give him a wrist band with name, cabin etc etc, you will get a beeper and be given a schedule of all there activities for the week and where they take place. The camp is great fun and even though I have 2 kids they were in different age groups and seperate but had a blast, hardly wanted to have meals with us and paged when they wanted to swim etc. They keep the kids entertained and active so you will have plenty of alone time.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise.

You can watch for a bit to see how he does, but he most likely be fine. You can then do your own thing and you will be paged if he wants you to come get him. You willalso need a password when you sign him up. They will ask you for it each time you pick him up. They will even feed him if you elect to try Palo's.

Archived