Pearl or Jewel

dfishner

It has been a while since we sailed NCL but since RCL changed their loyalty program it has opened up new opportunities to try other cruise lines. We have been looking at NCL our choices for 2009 are the Pearl or the Jewel which would you choose and why. Itinerary is not a factor and neither is cost they are about the same. Thanks so much.

It has been a while since we sailed NCL but since RCL changed their loyalty program it has opened up new opportunities to try other cruise lines. We have been looking at NCL our choices for 2009 are the Pearl or the Jewel which would you choose and why. Itinerary is not a factor and neither is cost they are about the same. Thanks so much.

You can't go wrong with either ship. They are two of NCL's best ships. Although they are considered sister ships there are some differences. Such as the location of a couple of restaurants as well as the shops on board. The Pearl is a couple of years younger which is one other difference. You could really flip a coin as both ships are very similar.

They both great ships. I will always like the Jewel the best since she was the first ship I've been on, but the Pearl is just a tiny bit nicer all around.

Both ships are spotless and decorated similarly, but the Pearl has a nicer atrium with the giant screen, the Garden Cafe is nicer with it's warm wood decor and booths, the shop is located in a busier area, Spinnakers has an extra area above the bridge wings where they put a bed that is surrounded by windows on 3 sides, and lastly the Bliss lounge on the Pearl is far nicer than Fyzz lounge on the Jewel.

All of these are very minor stuff but does add the the Pearl being the more attractive ship if you have to choose between the two.

The Pearl has four bowling lanes (in Bliss Lounge) which the Jewel does not have. Pearl's spa facilities are so much nicer than Jewel's. I was quite disappointed with the facilities on Jewel...so much that neither DH or myself thought it was worth the spa fee. We have paid for the spa facitilies on Pearl and loved the the area.

I have been on both Pearl and Jewel and would choose the Pearl every time.

coffeebean

Archived