Zuiderdam Wave 12/29

dleighb

Looks like a few of us might try to do a wave at 3pm EST from the Zuiderdam. Sadly, I don't know how to contact anyone about grabbing a shot of us from the Port Everglades Webcams.

http://mortgagemobile.com/Ft_Lauderdale_Florida_Web_Cam.html

Heading for Ft. Lauderdale now, so my internet access will be sketcy from here on out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like a few of us might try to do a wave at 3pm EST from the Zuiderdam. Sadly, I don't know how to contact anyone about grabbing a shot of us from the Port Everglades Webcams.

http://mortgagemobile.com/Ft_Lauderdale_Florida_Web_Cam.html

Heading for Ft. Lauderdale now, so my internet access will be sketcy from here on out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise. I'm counting down the days for my trip 1/28/09 (30 days not counting today) :) I'm almost ready to pack.

ENJOY and Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR:D

I have set up for an automatic grab of whatever that camera is showing around 3pm tomorrow. With a little luck, either Lisa, Lou or I will be able to control the camera.

It does work best if there is cell phone contact between the person controlling the camera and the people on the ship. Email Lisa or me to set that up.

Rich

Rich that is great that you got them up there.

I do agree that a phone contact works best so we can tell you when to wave so on this end we can capture the picture. The ideal way to do this is when the ship is bow facing the camera at pier 26. Unfortunately it is my understanding that it is Port Everglades that tells the Captain a few days in advance which way he will dock and it changes for each cruise.

This is the picture Rich was able to capture of the Dec 13th Eurodam sailing. We were on deck 5 which is really where the passengers can go out to the bow on that ship. I am rethinking for the Eurodam that the location would possible be better on deck 6, especially if you do wave a flag or banner and because of the ship's windows. Where on deck 6 it is more solid. Of course the other Vista Class will work great on Deck 5. I am not for certain with the S and R Class ships. Where in San Diego it is better on the Bow but the camera is looking down to them. In Port Everglades the camera is not that high up so if people are on the bow they will not be seen, possibly from the balcony overlooking the bow on both S and R Class ships.

wave2.jpg

Archived