Opinions Please

disneylover89

I have been watching the 2/14/09 Gem cruise out of New York which is during NY's winter break. More and more cabins have become available but surprisingly the price has gone up. At what point will the cruise become discounted if cabins don't sell? I must say, I am really surprised the the price has increased in the last week. It doesn't make sense to me :confused:

I thought the same but there are more categories available that weren't before and still the same number of suites. I was bouncing back and forth between a suite and balcony and definitely more balcony rooms have opened and the same number of suites are still available.

I have been watching the 2/14/09 Gem cruise out of New York which is during NY's winter break. More and more cabins have become available but surprisingly the price has gone up. At what point will the cruise become discounted if cabins don't sell? I must say, I am really surprised the the price has increased in the last week. It doesn't make sense to me :confused:

The price going up can only mean one thing, the cruise is selling well.

When a cruise doesn't sell well, they decrease the price. The goal is to sail with a full ship.

Archived