Question about Final Payment

RedFam

My final payment is coming up. Has the cruiseline ever extended the final payment for at least 2 weeks? I am a little bit short for my final payment and I was wondering if I can request to extend my final payment at least 2 weeks. I spent more than I should on the holiday and now I am paying for it. If I can't I might have to cancel this cruise. My hubby is already saying to just cancel but have been planning for this cruise for about a year now and I just can't seem to let it go. But if I can just have 2 weeks to recover financially I would be ok.

Has anyone been on this situation before?

it depends.....if you have been paying some all along, then they will probably not cancel on the day of final payment.

i had this happen to me....a little differently though....and RC said they try and contact people, and mail out an invoice, so generally they dont cancel on that date..at least they did not do that to me...

you can call and ask for an extension...but get a supervisor or someone in resolutions...you may have to call several times to get hte right answer!

good luck! maybe you can give them part of it, and see if you can negotiate a little....

I can call RCCL but I am booked with a travel agent. And they want the final payment on 90 days. My final payment is Jan. 5 and I a sail on April 5. I already called RCL but they told me to contact my travel agent. I made 2 payments already and I only owe about half now. I can give half on what I owe and half in 2 weeks. I just don't want them to cancel my reservation. I just needed that cruise for a rough year on this year...

I can call RCCL but I am booked with a travel agent. And they want the final payment on 90 days. My final payment is Jan. 5 and I a sail on April 5. I already called RCL but they told me to contact my travel agent. I made 2 payments already and I only owe about half now. I can give half on what I owe and half in 2 weeks. I just don't want them to cancel my reservation. I just needed that cruise for a rough year on this year...

I don't know what sailing you are on, so I can't be sure, but RCCL generally requires final payment 60 days in advance for shorter cruises and 70 days in advance for 7 day cruises. So it sounds like the TA is imposing a sooner final payment date than RCCL. I'm guessing you need to work this out with your TA. I've dealt with TA's before who wanted final payment sooner than RCCL required, and they were flexible.

My TA usually ask for final payment a week to two weeks before the cruise line wants it so they can clear the money you paid. (by check). See if your TA will work with you on this if not I would roll it over to a later date as mentioned above. Good Luck!

call your TA...according to RC (i did a dummy booking) final is due Jan 25..so they (the TA) wants it 3 weeks ahead.....sheesh....my TA will do a week or so ahead....but again, they probably will not cancel...

call your TA 1st thing tomorrow....at least with my TA i KNOW she tells me a wekk or so ahead...and SHE knows she will have it by the date....even if we pay by check, they take care of it....we usually pay the balance a couple days ahead...(it's usually about 1/4to 1/3 of the total...my mom splits it into 3 or 4 parts, and i pay a couple hundred every pay day!)

As the OP stated final pmt for April 5th is due to RCCL by January 25th! We are also sailing then.

Contact your TA ASAP as it is they asking for the earlier final date. Do though give them enough time to get the money to RCCL.

Any good TA will give you this same info and be more than willing to work with you. The last thing they want you to do is cancel! Don't jump the gun and cx.....make a phone call and enjoy your cruise!!

BTW: What ship are you on? We are on Explorer!!

Archived