Dollar Car Rental Miami

TMS MT

We have reserved a car from Dollar after our cruise (in January). We'll have it one night and return it the next morning and then fly out of MIA at 10:00. It looks like no problem for pickup - they run the shuttle from the cruiseport to their rental facility. But I have questions about the return the next morning. I was surprised to see the hours for their airport facility was 8 AM to 5 PM. All other airport facilities were 24 hours. I called to verify and the lady I talked to said that was true. I asked if they shuttle to the airport starting at 8:00 and I think she said they do. She also said I can do after-hours return. That makes me nervous though - something can happen to it after I drop it off and I'd be responsible. I then sent an e-mail to Dollar to verify their hours and got back a reply telling me to call their help desk. So I'm wondering if somebody who has rented from Dollar can confirm - is their airport facility really only open 8 AM to 5 PM? Do they shuttle to the airport starting at 8 AM and how long does that take? Are cabs readily available near there since we are supposed to be at the airport at 8 AM for our 10 AM flight?

Thanks!

I called back and got a different customer service rep. This time I first asked what their hours were at the Miami Airport facility and was told 24 hours. I then had her pull up my reservation to make sure I hadn't entered in a wrong location. I had it correct, so the first rep just told me wrong - I hope! I hope the second rep isn't the one wrong.

Archived