LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Well...........I know that people are back onboard from their shore excursions. I heard that Bobbie and her parents get the front seats of the bus.........so they had a great view!!

So, Carol, we look forward to hearing about your day, the excursion etc.

It's wonderful to be on this virtual voyage!!:)

Rick

It was another great day at sea.

First, I slept late. (after being up so late getting the room keys straightened out, and posting to you guys ;))

Then we ate a little, and went to Day 2 of the Cruise Director's Trivia Bowl.

We're not in first place, but we're not *too* far down the list.

Then we entered the slots tournament. There were only 12 contestants, and most of them were in our group.

Denice (cruzzingranny) won, and the prize was $240!!!!!! :D

Then I tried, with Len's help, to get my laptop to work, but it was to no avail. Darryl is going to help me tomorrow. Wish me luck. I really want to upload pictures. If we can't get mine to work, I'll have to borrow someone else's, and that becomes a big hassle. (I don't like to impose on anyone else)

Dinner was very good again, with many new dishes. Some big hits at our table: vegetable samosas, shrimp ceviche, cappuccino layer cake, guava napoleon.

After dinner, I went to Simeon's singalong, *just* missing Name That Tune. Drat.

I had a few "solos" - apparently, I was the only one who knew the words to several of the songs that Simeon was playing and singing, and I have no qualms about singing out LOUD.

The internet has been EXCRUCIATINGLY slow tonight.

I'm off to bed, because we meet at 8:30 to leave the ship together to meet Bernard.

See you tomorrow!

:)

Carol, we are booked with Bernard in a few weeks, please report back.

Joanne

I WAS THERE!

I mean...in Cozumel cruising on Carnival Miracle and woke up with my mom saying "There's a Royal Caribbean ship passing us...." then I jumped from the bed and went to the balcony...I could not see the name but I was almost sure it was Mariner.....but you guys were docked far from us with the other two Carnival ships(Triumph and Glory right?)....well it was nice to see you guys...well at least your ship far away...I wish there were staterooms for this last caribbean/new year cruise on the Mariner but the only ship avaliable was the Miracle:eek:...at least I can say I participated in 0.0001% of this cruise because I was on the same port:D

HAVE AN AWESOME CRUISE!

Yes it was the Mariner of the Seas

Yes, that was us. We met up with your ship in the middle of the ocean between 11-and midnight. It was cool to see another ship all lit up in the middle of the black vast ocean. We were docked with the Triumph at the pier about 10 minutes south of town.

I can't believe I didn't see that! I think I was just chillin and they didn't even tell us we would "meet" each other....that would be cool:(...do you have pictures???

Merion Mom,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful trip with all of us! Keep having fun, and keep posting all your tales.

Millies Mom,

On the Voyager TA this November, one of the main pools was heated even though the other one was freezing. It was also breezy so that once you got in the heated pool, you didn't want to get out- EVER!

Happy sailings

Wendy

I definitely like the Radiance class best....but it was so hot on the Indy transatlantic in NOVEMBER that you didn't need the solarium. I, personally, prefer a more southerly route also. I do intend to keep watching the price. Certainly no incentive to book early or onboard any more:rolleyes:.

I agree with you 100%. We're through with Northern crossings. Only Southern routes in our future. We were originally booked on that Indy crossing but had to cancel. Sorry we did as I heard it was a wonderful cruise and a beautiful ship.

I agree with you 100%. We're through with Northern crossings. Only Southern routes in our future. We were originally booked on that Indy crossing but had to cancel. Sorry we did as I heard it was a wonderful cruise and a beautiful ship.

It was a great cruise with great weather and a fun bunch. Allen Brooks was at his best. Trivia 4-5 times a day. And all the British folk, food and events.

I was looking forward to meeting somebody who had an avatar like yours.

I too needed a visa to visit France in 1987- it was after the bombings in Paris and it was a requirement for about a year or so, part of the country's increased security plan.

Thank you. I thought maybe I was having a senior moment. :D

Just dropping in from my thread to say hi. Carol, Cindy and jeannine are at the same table with Judy and I. There was a couple we chased away the first night, so we found Zu (Susan) ane she is now with us as well as Woody and Vicki. Great table.

Not sure where Carol is tonight ... but I thought I heard her humming "The Little Drummer Boy" a little while ago ... ;) (rum pa pa pum ... )

Rumor has it that the Brazilian Passport People boarded in St. Maarten ... earlier than what was announced. I wonder how many gave up and went home, in PC?

Guess our paths won't cross again, at least not on transatlantics, Anthony. As long as they keep sending a ship to Boston, we'll be on it. Now Bayonne might be a different matter.;) Regards to Alina.:)

We heard 63 boarded in St Maarten and an equal number went home from PC.

The 63 is pretty solid, the other is just rumor so far.

We also heard RCI now has a visa service dedicated to getting Brazilian visas. Another rumor onboard.

Check both Carols and my threads as we each post different things.

Morning everyone!! Carol must have found Jack last night..........as she didn't check in!!

Hope everything is OK with her!!

Maybe today........we will hear.

Glad that the Visa people made it aboard yesterday. I heard that it was an interesting day around Guest Relations!!

Thanks Paul for checking in on this board. If Carold does not check in pretty soon..............we can always move to your board!!:)

Rick

Morning everyone!! Carol must have found Jack last night..........as she didn't check in!!

Hope everything is OK with her!!

Maybe today........we will hear.

Glad that the Visa people made it aboard yesterday. I heard that it was an interesting day around Guest Relations!!

Thanks Paul for checking in on this board. If Carold does not check in pretty soon..............we can always move to your board!!:)

Rick

Any bets as to how many of the new arrivals blame their TAs or RCI for the foulup rather than accept that it may have been their fault that they failed to follow the instructions that they were given and the consequences of that failure?:rolleyes: That said, I am glad that they were ablle to salvage the rest of the trip.

It was a great cruise with great weather and a fun bunch. Allen Brooks was at his best. Trivia 4-5 times a day. And all the British folk, food and events.

I was looking forward to meeting somebody who had an avatar like yours.

Hopefully our paths will cross on a future cruise. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :)

Guess our paths won't cross again, at least not on transatlantics, Anthony. As long as they keep sending a ship to Boston, we'll be on it. Now Bayonne might be a different matter.;) Regards to Alina.:)

There's a possibility our paths may cross again next November/December in Miami. ;)

I have to get back on board soon, so this will be QUICK.

The internet was beyond slow. Slow would have been a welcome improvement.

Couldn't get on AT ALL last night.

Had a fantastic time. Bernard is fantastic.

Anyone else see "OMG man" at Orient Beach?!?!?!?!

Bobby Arvon as main entertainment - excellent.

Andrew the drummer now knows that he has a Fan Club. ;)

Archived