LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Just an aside to Jean....

Wasn't that the most fantastic show!! My parents took me to see it for my 18th birthday. It's one of my best memories.

I was about 10, as I recall, so I didn't "get" it all, but I do remember Cab Calloway forgetting his lines and just going off on an amazing riff.

Tonight was the Welcome Back C&A party. It was in Studio B. There was the usual receiving line of RC people, and I finally met Rachel Hancock. I introduced myself by saying, "Hi, Rachel, I'm Carol." She responded, "OMG! Merion Mom!!!!"

:D :D :D

Isn't that scarey. Rachel did the same to me on our Member's cruise on Radiance.

I guess they do read CC!!!:p

We have come up with a brilliant plan to save RCCL lots of money.

There are 480 people entitled to use the Concierge Lounge.

RC bans passengers from carrying on their own liquor in port.

If they would let the D & D+ (and suite) passengers buy and bring on their own bottles, those people wouldn't be lapping up a fortune in free booze every night in the Lotus Lounge!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty clever, eh?

What a scathingly brilliant idea! I hope you leak this idea to everyone with any influence onboard. :)

I concur.......although it's just an estimate. When are you headed out for Rio, Barb??:)

Rick

Friday morning. We will leave early and drive to Atlanta. Then fly to Miami. Sit and wait, sit and wait. 11:30 PM flight to Rio. I know it is going to be a killer. Usually fly Delta but we are on American this time. Oh, and did I mention that it is freezing here and we might have snow about that time?:rolleyes:

Friday morning. We will leave early and drive to Atlanta. Then fly to Miami. Sit and wait, sit and wait. 11:30 PM flight to Rio. I know it is going to be a killer. Usually fly Delta but we are on American this time. Oh, and did I mention that it is freezing here and we might have snow about that time?:rolleyes:

Barb and Tom, have a safe drive over to Atlanta. Don't expect balmy temps here either -- They're predicting teens for Friday morning! Hard to dress for a cold beginning of a trip, knowing it'll be in the 90's when we all land in Rio! Layer, layer, layer I guess!

Sounds like you'll have enough time in Miami to run down to Key West!

Trish

I was about 10, as I recall, so I didn't "get" it all, but I do remember Cab Calloway forgetting his lines and just going off on an amazing riff.

Jean: I saw the same show (also saw it was Carol Channing too)...Pearl Bailey was a fabulous Dolly but no one beat Carol Channing...

I was looking forward to reading about this cruise to find that from time to time the thread is waaay off topic.

Please bring the thopic it back and stop jabbing all the other stuff.

Thank you so much

You're kidding, right? A CC thread that stays on topic? Just skim if you have to.

Just a question?

What is Simeon's last name and is his wife a dancer on the ship?

Also is he Cruise Director?

Thank you, enjoy your cruise just wish we could have joined you.

Simeon is the Cruise Director, his last name is Baker and yes, she is a dancer...

He was our CD on Grandeur this past April and she was on board too!

Simeon is the Cruise Director, his last name is Baker and yes, she is a dancer...

He was our CD on Grandeur this past April and she was on board too!

Pretty sure she is referring to Simeon the clown/piano player/everything else.

He is not the cruise director, but he is on the cruise staff. Abe is the cruise director as of now I believe.

Carol, who is the assistant CD? And also, how long is Abe on for?

Sorry if you already answered these, but this thread is already 65 pages long.

Pretty sure she is referring to Simeon the clown/piano player/everything else.

He is not the cruise director, but he is on the cruise staff. Abe is the cruise director as of now I believe.

Carol, who is the assistant CD? And also, how long is Abe on for?

Sorry if you already answered these, but this thread is already 65 pages long.

Oh, Sorry...:o, but the info is correct even if it is not the same Simeon!!!

Well..... tonight is a "casual dress" night on the Mariner..........except for those that were chosen to dine with the Captain. So we are awaiting word from MM............to see how their dinner went!!

Bobbie tried.........unsuccessfully.....to get their dinner changed to "smart casual"...........but she got nixed.

Hopefully, the internet is running a bit faster than it has been for the past few days!!

Rick

Well..... tonight is a "casual dress" night on the Mariner..........except for those that were chosen to dine with the Captain. So we are awaiting word from MM............to see how their dinner went!!

Bobbie tried.........unsuccessfully.....to get their dinner changed to "smart casual"...........but she got nixed.

Hopefully, the internet is running a bit faster than it has been for the past few days!!

Rick

It sounds like they are having summer-camp-at-sea. Sounds like a really fun atmosphere. When I was a camper we used to see the menus, then try to convince the cook to make something different. Or the activities would be posted and we'd start a petition because we wanted to go swimming instead of orienteering. :D

This will certainly be a trip that will be remembered forever!!!

Hey Carol..........where are you???:confused:

The Mariner has today and tomorrow left as sea days before reaching Salvador De Bahia..........their first stop in Brazil According to the chart, they have a little over 880 nautical miles left, before docking at 9 AM, Brazilian time on Friday.

If we don't hear much between now and then.........we can blame it on the internet system onboard.

Although, I heard from Bobbie twice yesterday.........via the internet. She said that it is agonizingly slow.:cool:

Cindy, of the Diva's has her own blog going, but nothing from yesterday.

Hopefully, we will get an update sometime today!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Carol is having more issues with her Seapass card and that is why we haven't heard from her.

Wrona........you mean she can't swipe her Seapass card on the magnetic reader on the Internet station??? I thought that she had wifi and was writing from her cabin.

Glad that you are hearing from someone!! Bobbie is keeping me informed, but no one writes so eloquently as Carol!!:);)

Rick

Rick I don't know all the details on the Seapass issues, I just know that frustration would be the word to describe it.

Thanks for the update Wrona. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Also, if someone can get word to her......she should be able to find out if she can keep the RFS.......today, from the LA. It's still open!!

Good luck Carol!!;)

Rick

It's the same old story...............they speak before they think.:mad:

Another TA...........maybe on the Jewel in September??:D

HI Patti and Jim how are you both ? Question for you Mike and I will be on Mariner in April and want tom host 8 for dinner in Chops we did the same thing in Alaska with no problem.Now thety are saying no table bigger than 6 but I will check once abord what do you think oh wise one lol,,Ruth

HI Patti and Jim how are you both ? Question for you Mike and I will be on Mariner in April and want tom host 8 for dinner in Chops we did the same thing in Alaska with no problem.Now thety are saying no table bigger than 6 but I will check once abord what do you think oh wise one lol,,Ruth

Hi Ruth, good to see you posting ...Although I am not Patti here is my take: Have them put a 6 top and a 4 top together:p! We had no problem with a table for 10 in Portofino's on Radiance...Enjoy the Mariner we have sailed on her 5 times...Jill:cool:

Archived