LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I just checked the Royal Caribbean site........and they want something just under $12,000.00 if you ladies want to stay in the RFS!!

Rick

Pricey for a last minute booking situation.

I still hold out hope that the one key person worked late tonight and it falls in place tomorrow morning...I can't beleive that individual split the paperwork of the husband and wife involved. I put chances of boarding in SA at 25% right now...

Had to make and start eating my chocolate rum cake to relax tonight. Rum Tum Tugger, one of the cats is licking the plate...I think he is confused as to the taste on his tongue. :eek:

Pricey for a last minute booking situation.

I still hold out hope that the one key person worked late tonight and it falls in place tomorrow morning...I can't beleive that individual split the paperwork of the husband and wife involved. I put chances of boarding in SA at 25% right now...

Had to make and start eating my chocolate rum cake to relax tonight. Rum Tum Tugger, one of the cats is licking the plate...I think he is confused as to the taste on his tongue. :eek:

Dave...........I don't like the 25% chance............but at least we will get together in San Pedro...........if you get stumped tomorrow.:(

Have you looked online for flights???

Rick

Dave...........I don't like the 25% chance............but at least we will get together in San Pedro...........if you get stumped tomorrow.:(

Have you looked online for flights???

Rick

Here to SA is an overnight hop via PTY on Continental to Copa using FF Miles...unless seats are gone.

I would not head out until Sunday as DD expects me at the Girlscouts Father Daughter dance Saturday night. I am supposed to be on the other side of Galveston Bay all day Saturday on Hurricane Ike Relief work.

The bigger issue in terms of family stuff will be somehow not showing up for the church family retreat the following weekend...:eek: I think DW has kind of selectively forgotten I am working towards being on a ship...

We will regain one hour tonight.

The sailing has become unbelievably beautiful. The air is crisp and cool, still sunny during the day, with a marvelously tangy scent of ocean.

At 10:10 tonight, the sky and the sea looked like this.

2167756510077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2850657380077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2095017260077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2558474270077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Two final pictures before I say "good night".

These are pictures of Austin in "Front Row", one of the two production shows on the Mariner.

2539724470077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2967804140077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Annieeeee is the only one on Cruise Critic who is fortunate and kind enough to have accompanied me to watch my son perform at the University of Maryland.

Here is a link on UMd's website which has a photo of him performing:

http://www.dance.umd.edu/UpcomingEvents/UpcomingEvents.html

Random Brazilian hunks:

2903429960077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2777299120077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2674052430077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2848525670077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

P.S., the guys who went to Ipanema Beach were very disappointed. They saw NO "butt floss". ;)

Thanks for the great pics again.

The timed shots are really nice at 10 and 11.

See multiple stars.

The sad thought about the "hunks" is they all could be my sons. That realization never seems to sink in.

Neither for you all either I take it!:D

Keep having fun.

Laura

Morning Carol. Well........I tried everything that I could...and finally got an answer that Bobbie will be passing on. Unfortunately, they private tour is filled.........so you guys cannot walk with the penguins.

I wish that I would have known about that site a month ago!!

Tomorrow you "round the horn"!! That has to be a very special day!! If the weather holds, you will have wonderful weather in Ushuaia, and the cruise thru the Chilean Fjords. As you all are cruising the fjords, I'll be well above 30,000 feet winging my way...........south.....toward the Mariner!!

5 days till we party!!:D:D

Rick

It can be rough trying to read it all

With Carols thread

we also have these

Chile Peppers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17878574&posted=1#post17878574

Around the horn

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17853336#post17853336

Around South America

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894533&page=26

Thanks for the links, that was very kind of you, but I have read Carol's posts from this board and another for several years. I am keeping up with her thread due to having the feeling of knowing her user name.

Thanks!! I'll be joining the cruise in 6 days! You will only have to put up with my posting till Friday.

Bobbie's dad is doing much better.....thanks for thinking of him!!!:)

Then I jump on with Carol from onboard!!

Ya just can't get rid of me that easily!!:D

Rick

Have fun Rick.

It is good to know your FIL is doing much better. Those nasty colds are hard enough for us but when you are older they really hit you harder. One of the reason why I do not like my 75 yo dad to come to my house when we are sick. He normally catches it and it stays with him all winter long.

And who would ever want to get rid of you?

Morning Carol. Well........I tried everything that I could...and finally got an answer that Bobbie will be passing on. Unfortunately, they private tour is filled.........so you guys cannot walk with the penguins.

I wish that I would have known about that site a month ago!!

Tomorrow you "round the horn"!! That has to be a very special day!! If the weather holds, you will have wonderful weather in Ushuaia, and the cruise thru the Chilean Fjords. As you all are cruising the fjords, I'll be well above 30,000 feet winging my way...........south.....toward the Mariner!!

5 days till we party!!:D:D

Rick

Rick you made that post detail ro"round the horn" give me goosebumps. Woo I am so excited for all of them.

Two final pictures before I say "good night".

These are pictures of Austin in "Front Row", one of the two production shows on the Mariner.

2539724470077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2967804140077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Annieeeee is the only one on Cruise Critic who is fortunate and kind enough to have accompanied me to watch my son perform at the University of Maryland.

Here is a link on UMd's website which has a photo of him performing:

http://www.dance.umd.edu/UpcomingEvents/UpcomingEvents.html

And I hope we can do it again this year.

Annieeee

Have fun Rick.

It is good to know your FIL is doing much better. Those nasty colds are hard enough for us but when you are older they really hit you harder. One of the reason why I do not like my 75 yo dad to come to my house when we are sick. He normally catches it and it stays with him all winter long.

And who would ever want to get rid of you?

Well........we had some fun together on the "other" board.......which, I think has gone away!!

Bobbie's dad came down with pneumonia........and spent a couple of days in the hospital. He's much better........but I can hardly wait to see his medical bill. I have already started a claim for them. I'm going to see I can work on it from the ship..........since each leg stands on it's own, and this one is from Rio to Valparaiso.

The problem with insurance.......is that I have to submit this to the Medicare suppliment for denial........then it goes off to Royal Caribbeans insurance company for reimbusement. It's just a process.....but everyone knows that Medicare supplimental insurance denies everything...especially when it's out of the country!!

Stick with Carol.......we will definately have more "in cabin" functions to report, when I get aboard!!:D:D

Rick

Well........we had some fun together on the "other" board.......which, I think has gone away!!

Bobbie's dad came down with pneumonia........and spent a couple of days in the hospital. He's much better........but I can hardly wait to see his medical bill. I have already started a claim for them. I'm going to see I can work on it from the ship..........since each leg stands on it's own, and this one is from Rio to Valparaiso.

The problem with insurance.......is that I have to submit this to the Medicare suppliment for denial........then it goes off to Royal Caribbeans insurance company for reimbusement. It's just a process.....but everyone knows that Medicare supplimental insurance denies everything...especially when it's out of the country!!

Stick with Carol.......we will definately have more "in cabin" functions to report, when I get aboard!!:D:D

Rick

Wow Rick I am glad he has such a great SIL to help him out. I kow it is a pain but you are doing great.

Oh you know I will stick with Carol. I can not wait until both of you are posting. I know a few others have been posting on this thread too. Sorry I just do not know them. I have been reading each and every post now that I am up to date. lol

Archived