LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I got the web cam opened, I zoomed to full page. (she is beautiful) but the ship is dark (balconies etc) and I cannot see people going on to their balconies. Is it only me?

Linda

I see what appears to be people standing on the rail of the some of the balconies (because of the shape of the shadow). Also can actually see people walking in front of the door to the terminal and cars driving by.

Nuts. And I'm planning to go to Peru this year. Guess I'll have to get the dang shots. And I'll end up on the deferral list for blood donations again. :(

Regarding your deferral, my blood donation place has yet to ask me if I have been out of the country and to avoid flak, it is not on the questions.

Just had to finish reading 6 pages to catch up! My, how the pages add up!!!

I have tried to pull up the webcam, but all I get is a black screen under the heading. Is there anything else I can do to get it on?

Thank you! I hope everyone sailing on the Mariner will have a wonderful cruise! We love the Mariner!!! :)

I just tried the webcam with IE and used the zoom. Worked great. Thanks again for the help.

I was so excited, I saw our cabin for the April cruise. When I told/showed hubby, he didn't share the same enthusiasm...:)

Mary are you able to "zoom" up close to the ship, or just make it go to full screen? I opened in IE and the best I can do is open to full screen (unlike the Port of Miami, where you can actually zoom up to the ship).

BTW, once the Mariner leaves the Port, here's a web cam from the Ron Jon Resort, down the channel:

http://ronjonresort.com/beachcam.aspx

Not much to see at the moment, but should be a good view of the Mariner, for those who want the Virtual Sailaway to go on a little bit longer! :D

Carol follow directions for full screen. She looks so good.

Hey let's have our own sail away party here.

Why should we miss all the fun?

Laura

Laura, I am so Jealous, I want to be there:p

Carol:)

Nuts. And I'm planning to go to Peru this year. Guess I'll have to get the dang shots. And I'll end up on the deferral list for blood donations again. :(

You don't need shots to go to Peru, its where you go after Peru.

Mary are you able to "zoom" up close to the ship, or just make it go to full screen? I opened in IE and the best I can do is open to full screen (unlike the Port of Miami, where you can actually zoom up to the ship).

BTW, once the Mariner leaves the Port, here's a web cam from the Ron Jon Resort, down the channel:

http://ronjonresort.com/beachcam.aspx

Not much to see at the moment, but should be a good view of the Mariner, for those who want the Virtual Sailaway to go on a little bit longer! :D

Can only zoom to full screen. All the other options are grayed out. Thank you for the other link too. Will check it out. Can't wait to be on the Mariner in April. So exciting to have such a fabulous ship on the west coast FINALLY.

The hump sticks out further but I don't think that the rooms are larger. I will check my pictures and I will see if I can figured how to post some. There was three of us in the cabin and it was a little crowded when the couch was made into the bed. We thought that the cabin was going to have a pullman bed but it didn't have one just the sofa bed. But hey we managed.

our TA said the 7610 was a tad bigger then the 7616 which is fine as there will be 3 in 7610

sorry it was crowded with the couch made up but I wonder if tis easier for the third adult to be on the couch then up on the pullman

Laura, I am so Jealous, I want to be there:p

I am happy she will be on her way to San Pedro so I can be on her for the second time Feb 22.

It is hard to watch her from our homes though.

I am happy for those lucky enough to be on her.

I will have a Wildberry Lava Flow in a Sloozie glass.

Laura

Regarding your deferral, my blood donation place has yet to ask me if I have been out of the country and to avoid flak, it is not on the questions.

Oh, mine does! They look up the places I've been. They even suggested that I keep a list so I don't forget anyplace.

I was deferred for a year after going to Costa Rica because I took a few tours that took me out of San Jose and into the countryside.

Before I went to Cozumel and Progreso in September, I gave blood in late August - and was told at that time that if I made a side trip to the ruins while on my trip, I would be deferred for a full year.

I went to the ruins. :)

And to El Salvador in November.

I'm guessing that Peru will extend my deferral even longer. Oh well. I'm not going to change my travel plans just so I can continue to donate blood.

From redcross.org:

Travel Outside of U.S., Immigration

Wait 12 months after travel in an area where malaria is found. Wait 3 years after living in a country or countries where malaria is found. Learn more about malaria and where it is found.

Wait 12 months after travel to Iraq. This requirement is related to concerns about Leishmanaisis.

Persons who have spent long periods of time in countries where "mad cow disease" is found are not eligible to donate. This requirement is related to concerns about variant Creutzfeld Jacob Disease (vCJD). Learn more about vCJD and donation. Persons who were born in or who lived in certain countries in Western Africa, or who have had close contact with persons who were born in or who lived in certain West African countries are not eligible to donate. This requirement is related to concerns about HIV Group O. Learn more about HIV Group O, and the specific African countries where it is found.

In-Depth Discussion of Malaria and Blood Donation

Malaria is a blood infection caused by a parasite that can be transmitted from a donor to a patient through transfusion. It is possible to have a new infection with malaria but have no symptoms, even though the parasite is present in your blood. It is also possible to feel well, but have a very mild case of malaria, especially if you have lived for extended periods of time in parts of the world where malaria is found.

The Centers for Disease Control and Protection keep track of the locations with malaria for international travelers from the United States, and this information is available on their web site at http://www.cdc.gov. There is risk of malaria in some parts of Mexico. In the Caribbean, malaria is found only in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

The countries that have NO malaria risk in any area are as follows, listed alphabetically:

Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua/Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azores, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda, Boznia/Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Canary Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Christmas Island, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Diego Garcia Islands, Dominica, England, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Northern and Republic of), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madeira, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Nauru, Netherlands, Netherland Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Pacific Islands, Palau, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre, Saint Vincent, Samoa, San Marino, Scotland, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad/Tobago, Tunisia, Turks/Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Virgin Islands, Wake Island, and Yugoslavia.

Blood donations are not tested for malaria. Therefore, it is important that people who may have malaria or been exposed to malaria because of living in, or traveling to, a country where malaria is present not be allowed to donate blood until enough time has passed to be certain that they are not infected with malaria. This is done by having a waiting period for those who lived in, move from, or traveled to, the locations with malaria.

If you have traveled outside of the United States, your travel destinations will be reviewed to see if you were in a malaria-risk area. It would be most helpful if you came prepared to report the country and city or destinations to which you traveled, as well as the travel dates.

Can only zoom to full screen. All the other options are grayed out. Thank you for the other link too. Will check it out. Can't wait to be on the Mariner in April. So exciting to have such a fabulous ship on the west coast FINALLY.

Me too.. can only zoom to full screen..others also greyed out.

Laura

Rick, is she on 8 or 9?

Hi Lorna........Happy New Year!!

In all honesty.......I don't know the deck......but my gut tells me 8 as there is one cabin on 8 that is booked for all three legs......and the ones on 9 are still open for the 3rd leg.

Bobbie has hugged Carol, and met Cindy (one of the Divas with Carol) at the 5PM get together. She said that it was great....many CC'ers showed up.

It looks like we have about 40 more minutes before the Mariner sails. Bobbie is with her mom and dad.......although Bobbie has an OS and her parents has a Jr. Suite!!:eek:

I expect to hear from her once more before she sails. Any last minute questions that needs to be answered. I can either ask her, or maybe she can tell me.

Rick

Oh, mine does! They look up the places I've been. They even suggested that I keep a list so I don't forget anyplace.

Before I went to Cozumel and Progreso in September, I gave blood in late August - and was told at that time that if I made a side trip to the ruins while on my trip, I would be deferred for a full year.

I went to the ruins. :)

And to El Salvador in November.

I'm guessing that Peru will extend my deferral even longer.

From redcross.org:

as well as the travel dates.

One reason I dont donate with Red Cross. The other is they weighed me both times I went in. I then switched to a local donar. It was still before first cruise both times though.

In all honesty.......I don't know the deck......but my gut tells me 8 as there is one cabin on 8 that is booked for all three legs......and the ones on 9 are still open for the 3rd leg.

Bobbie has hugged Carol, and met Cindy (one of the Divas with Carol) at the 5PM get together. She said that it was great....many CC'ers showed up.

It looks like we have about 40 more minutes before the Mariner sails. Bobbie is with her mom and dad.......although Bobbie has an OS and her parents has a Jr. Suite!!:eek:

I expect to hear from her once more before she sails. Any last minute questions that needs to be answered. I can either ask her, or maybe she can tell me.

Rick

Happy New Year to you, too!

Please ask Bobbie to just hug everyone in sight for me ... as it appears that all of my friends, except you and Carol (Flames), are on the Mariner at the moment! ;)

I'm surprised that Bobbie hasn't offered to switch cabins! :p

Thanks for being the go-between for those of us land-locked in our Virtual Sailaways! ~ Lorna

Lynda, I was able to open it on Firefox (Mozilla). If you have that browser available, try that. If you don't ... you've got over an hour to download it. It's free ... :o

I'm having my virtual sailaway party, here. I have my Pomegranate Martini in a red Sloozie glass; my mardi gras beads; and streamers. I am ready!!! Anyone want to join me? There's plenty of Pommies to go around! :D

LadyLawyer, thanks for the advice...hope I can afford your fee!! Downloaded Firefox/Mozilla but still can't open the webcam......told you people it's a conspiracy!!!! I'm sure Pommies are fab but a tad too sweet for me. I'm on the red wine, will hate myself in the morning, club............any joiners?

I think Mariner will pass in front of our balcony around 2115hrs as she usually goes by around 1815hrs when leaving the port at 1700hrs. I am loathe to admit this but I am so jealous..........who cares about work?? Who cares about money?? Who cares about.........oops the red wine is kickin' in!!

Bon Voyage!!!!

Lynda

Rick

Well I am flying blind here lost my connection to the webcam and cannot get back on. So will just follow along on the thread and wave goodbye to Cindy when I see it is leaving. :D

So far, that's all I see, too, Carol! I tried zoom and it didn't. Is anyone else able to zoom? Maybe we're just spoiled from the Miami Port cam???

I'm having my virtual sailaway party, here. I have my Pomegranate Martini in a red Sloozie glass; my mardi gras beads; and streamers. I am ready!!! Anyone want to join me? There's plenty of Pommies to go around! :D

yes Lorna, we must be spoiled but think we can take ship without going all the way down East:D now I hope they keep the Radiance here too:D

I will be here when you come to the Island in the fall, are you still coming on that wine cruise?:cool:

Archived