snorkeling in Mexican Riviera

stunned

• 1 month later...

I have snorkeled in Cabo at Santa Maria Cove and loved it! The water was calm and clear and we saw a lot of fish. I have nothing to compare it to, it was my first time snorkeling but I would recommend it. The water was a bit chilly but once you started snorkeling you forgot all about it :) I will also be in Cabo in April and I'm torn between snorkeling again in Santa Maria Cove (since it was so beautiful) or trying Chileno Bay (for a new experience), I've heard that these are the 2 best places to snorkel in Cabo...I hope this helps :o If you have any questions about Santa Maria Cove I'd be more then happy to answer them for ya :D

I'm sorry I just noticed that you have never cruised the Mexican Riviera before...you'll like it! Cabo and Puerto Vallarta are beautiful ports, and April is a nice time to go...any later and it gets hot and humid :eek: If you have any questions about the Mexican Riviera just let me know I have been 3 times :D and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Of the three ports you're visiting, Cabo is your best bet. The above poster is correct - Playa Santa Maria and Bahia Chileno are the two best spots within easy commute from town. Both are located within less than a mile of each other. Having said Cabo is the best choice; snorkeling there is not in the same league as the Caribbean, Cozumel or Hawaii.

Stunned, we are going on our first Mexican Riviera cruise in March, but we spent a week in Puerto Vallarta last May and did try snorkeling, but the water was about as clear as split pea soup (and green,too)! There were some gorgeous fish at Los Arcos, but we could barely see them from the surface when the guides threw bread to get them up to the surface. I think Cabo should be a much better bet.

We will be in Cabo in September on a cruise and also the following April. I'm afraid April will be a bit cool for my taste, from what I've heard but plan on finding a good way to snorkel in September. Any recommendations for private snorkel tours? We will be there a full day on our September cruise.

• 1 year later...

IMHO - I'd say go to the beach and skip snorkeling. It was terrible last year. I am sticking to the Caribbean. The cruise was great, and beaches in Cabo beautiful. I just felt like I was snorkeling in the Mississippi River while in the Mexican Riviera.:)

Mx Riviera is not the same as Caribbean or Hawaii. The water is a bit colder. The marina in Cabo have hundreds of boats, yes hundreds, all running snorkel trips. Many of them can also run as water taxis to take you to the beaches, that are also close by.

Don't do an excursion thru the ship.

There is no good snorkeing at Maz.

Archived