Anybody ever buy good jewellery on the Miracle ??

Ykgorbie

Here's a tip. Buy cut stones on one of the stops, on shore. Then, have them mounted by a local jeweler when you get home. There's a limit with customs how much jewelry you can bring back, but, you can bring back a sack of cut gems, no problem. Go figure!;)

Last March when sailing on the Miracle, they had a different gem each on a special sale. I fell in love with Tanzenite- gem mined in the Carribean, and the day that was on sale, purchesed it for $565 with a retail of $1,800 ! It has 3 Tanzenite stonesin center with 3 diamond bagettes sp? on each side of Tanzenite stones. Of course when we at the islands I had to price them to see if I got a good deal !!! :) They wanted much more for the same quality and size gems!

Regina

Here's a tip. Buy cut stones on one of the stops, on shore. Then, have them mounted by a local jeweler when you get home. There's a limit with customs how much jewelry you can bring back, but, you can bring back a sack of cut gems, no problem. Go figure!;)

Also, if you find a stone mounted in ring and you want both, ask the jeweler at the store to unmount the stone. I believe you can bring in the gem and the mounting separated, and not have the customs hassle.

Just wondering if you can purchase a nice ring / necklace on the ship? Not looking for 1 carat Canadian diamonds but not looking for total baubles either.....could I find maybe a ring for $500.00 ?

What to Know Before You Buy

Along with the article, I've never seen a bargain on the ship. Back in the States, I have gotten better deals at our department stores in the mall.

Last March when sailing on the Miracle, they had a different gem each on a special sale. I fell in love with Tanzenite- gem mined in the Carribean, and the day that was on sale, purchesed it for $565 with a retail of $1,800 ! It has 3 Tanzenite stonesin center with 3 diamond bagettes sp? on each side of Tanzenite stones. Of course when we at the islands I had to price them to see if I got a good deal !!! :) They wanted much more for the same quality and size gems!

Regina

If someone on the Miracle told you that tanzanite is mined in the Caribbean, they need to be fired. Tanzanite is only found in Tanzania. With that being said though, I bought a lovely tanzanite and opal ring on the ship and got an excellent deal on it. The only down side is that if it needs to be sized, they want you to send it to them for that and it takes 8-12 weeks to get it back. If I buy again, I will say the heck with that and get it done locally. There are good deals to be found! We'll see you on board!:D

Archived