UK Cruisers only-Fuel supplement not refund but OBC instead

Elizanessie

I dont know if this has been posted yet, sorry I cant see it but just in case it hasnt, please UK Cruisers read below. As you will see UK Cruisers the rules are different again from everywhere else :mad:

We have recently amended our policy on the fuel supplement and the refund

process which is now as follows:

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

i rang my t.a. today to ask about the exchange rate of fuel supplement paid, i was told that the rate would be determined-from sterling to dollars- one month before sailing! as usual conflicting stories and always different for us english!

angelina46

When the decision to remove the fuel charge was announced I checked my 2 booked cruises and the fuel charge had been removed. I have just checked again and see it has been added back :mad:

Trouble is I can't remember if it they are the same amounts as before. Both cruises are on the Navigator, both 5 nights - one cruise is for 2 adults and 1 child: charge 47.50, the other is for 2 adults and the charge is 50.00 :confused:

Goodness knows what the OBC will be the way the exchange rate is going.

When the decision to remove the fuel charge was announced I checked my 2 booked cruises and the fuel charge had been removed. I have just checked again and see it has been added back :mad:

Trouble is I can't remember if it they are the same amounts as before. Both cruises are on the Navigator, both 5 nights - one cruise is for 2 adults and 1 child: charge 47.50, the other is for 2 adults and the charge is 50.00 :confused:

Goodness knows what the OBC will be the way the exchange rate is going.

Far as I know we're to get OBC also,so what's different, that's what the policy was from the first, is the problem the exchange rate?? I know if you don't use the OBC it is refunded to you somehow according to other posts.

The difference in UK & US policy is that even if in the UK your cruise is a long time away and you have only paid deposit you are still being charged the Fuel supplement where as in the US it is removed already from your invoice. Why are they once again treating the UK Cruisers differently?

I am sure many Celebrity UK Cruisers have already noticed that the fuel supplement was removed earlier in Dec only to be put back on again after the 19th Dec.

There are different answers being given out as to how they will work out the rate of exchange of the OBC,sometimes an agent will say it is the rate of exchange on the day of sailing,some have said it will be ROE one month before sailing and some said it is ROE at the time you paid your deposit.

Utter ...total confusion. :mad:

As a UK cruiser, I think the difference is as follows - Celeb is saying that they would take more from you and then give it back to you later as an OBC, no big deal if you're gonna spend it or if you need USD (since you can get it back if you don't use it) but who wants to be told to pay more only to be refunded later (i.e. suppose Celebrity decides to charge everyone say USD500 per cabin more, which will be refunded as a obc later, I'm not so sure people would say, well its fine, no difference...) I think there is a difference, a subtle one and mostly inconsequential one but still there is a difference.

Archived