Price of cigarettes

mceyd

I can't help you on the Explorer but on the Mariner cartons were around $20-$25 dollars. I smoke Salems and I am sure the price of other brands is similar. Unfortunately for me Salems are cheaper here in Tennessee than onboard. The saleslady asked me why I only wanted one carton when most people were buying several cartons. When I explained I live in Tennessee where I can get smokes cheaper...she laughed and stated that Tennessee and Kentucky is where RC buys the cigarettes.

I think the price is "universal" on all RCI ships and the other poster is right, but we usually buy 5 cartons (buy 4 get one free) which comes out to about $18.50 per carton. This is based on Phillip Morris products too.

If you are doing the eastern itinerary on the Explorer, wait until you get to St. Martin. Cigs can be had for about $11/carton. I'm in OH and they range anywhere from $36-42 for my brand. Also, the ship doesn't have to lot of brands to choose from.

Explorer here we come - 2/6/2005!

I'm not a smoker but be careful where you buy your smokes in port. The couple in front of us at customs had their's confiscated because the sleezey vendor in Mexico sold them items marked "for export only" and had removed the labels from the cartons.

Just bought 2 cartons in the ships store...$20 per carton or 2 for $35 and they had that deal on a 5 carton purchase. Packs were $3.75 each. Limited selection merits, merit lights ( no 100's), newport, marlboro, winston ( and lights). Thats all I can recall.

Archived