Carnival Splendor or RCCL Mariner of the Seas?

MnAsMom

I think with all things, it depends. What do your sons like to do? Mariner has rock wall climbing and ice skating. Splendour has twister slides.

Mariner has Adventure Ocean meals at Johnny Rockets.

Splendour has their Camp Carnival meals at the Lido deck buffet.

Personally, for ME, I like Royal Caribbean ships better. But I like Carnival's food better.

Ahhh see the boys would love having a Johnny Rockets on board but I think they would enjoy the twister slides more than they would rock climbing or ice skating! Hmmm does the RC ship not have a water slide? That might be the selling point for my boys! Off to look at the 2 ships a little closer! Thanks

Ahhh see the boys would love having a Johnny Rockets on board but I think they would enjoy the twister slides more than they would rock climbing or ice skating! Hmmm does the RC ship not have a water slide? That might be the selling point for my boys! Off to look at the 2 ships a little closer! Thanks

The best place to see each ship is to look at www.webshots.com and type in the name of each ship. Look at the pictures and see which you would prefer.

And no, Mariner does not have a slide. :)

I think they would be happy on ANY cruise at this point... my 7.5 yr old couldn't decide if he would rather a water slide or an ice rink! The pools are saltwater right? Any Mariner doesn't have any kind of H2O zone or sprinklers or anything right?

I guess it comes down to the kids program... looking at some of the sheets on your site it looks like the Royal Caribbean ships have more things going on that my older son would be into... he loves science! Which kids program is better?

Last time we considered a cruise it was an easy choice to go with Carnival cause my little guy wasn't potty trained yet... now there are too many options!:)

• 4 weeks later...

SO I am still researching.... found out that the Carnival Splendor has a water spray park kinda thing adj to Camp Carnival. Looks like fun... but since it's for kids in camp I am assuming parents can't accompany their kids there?

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/fleet/splendor/splendor.html

Still trying to make a decision. Right now the RC Mariner of the Seas is less expensive ... hmmm. Can't figure out what will be better for us!

SO I am still researching.... found out that the Carnival Splendor has a water spray park kinda thing adj to Camp Carnival. Looks like fun... but since it's for kids in camp I am assuming parents can't accompany their kids there?

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/fleet/splendor/splendor.html

Still trying to make a decision. Right now the RC Mariner of the Seas is less expensive ... hmmm. Can't figure out what will be better for us!

Since it hasn't actually sailed yet (right?), I can't say for 100% sure. But, from reading the descriptions of the water park area, isn't it the same (only bigger) of the Water Works areas on their other ships?

And if so, then it's not just for the kids in camp. It's for everyone. :)

Right now on carnival ships, only the older kids (as in older than 9) have a pool party during Camp Carnival hours. And it's just at the main pool. So on the new Carnival Splendour, the water park would be accessible to everyone.

It sails on the 31st of January I believe! I hope you are correct on that cause I know my boys would dig the spray/waterpark thing!

Ahh I just don't know what we should do. The food is better on Carnival you think? The fact that the ship is NEW is appealing. I just wonder what kids program would be more fun and interesting for the kids. My little guy has never been in preschool/day care but he is pretty social and has no issues going and playing at IKEA in their kids area etc. I think he will enjoy camp carnival or the RC camp.

For anyone else out there with kids in the 3 to 8 range who have sailed with RCCL and Carnival... which kids program did your kids prefer?

Thanks

MNASMOM::::

I have 2 kids age 6 and 10> We have sailed both RC and Carnival. My kids love all of the ships, but do prefer Carnival. They love water slides, pizza, lemonade and ice cream 24 hrs. They like rccl but got scared on rock climbing, they do it on land, not on the ship though. I see you live in Southern Ca so do we. I have been debating the 2 ships you mentioned for next year so let me know whichever one you decide. I think the splendor with water park sounds great. I do like the rc ships with promenade and johny rockets too. it is a tough decision. I am sure you will have a great time on either one, because you will be on VACATION>>>>>

Have fun ..

tami

It sails on the 31st of January I believe! I hope you are correct on that cause I know my boys would dig the spray/waterpark thing!

Ahh I just don't know what we should do. The food is better on Carnival you think?

For anyone else out there with kids in the 3 to 8 range who have sailed with RCCL and Carnival... which kids program did your kids prefer?

Thanks

Food is subjective, but yes I prefer the food on Carnival. I can't put my finger on it but I loved it all. :D

For kids programs, my youngest prefers Carnival (she's 4). My oldest (8) likes AO and Camp Carnival equally.

What are the price differences? If price is equal, then I would try the newest ship...which would be Splendor.

Just thought I'd pipe in... there's a cc'er who has a site with everything splendor, including a sample of the Camp Carnival Capers for all the age groups.

Here's the link:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor.htm

Thanks - that's a great site!

I checked out the South American itinerary too...very nice. :) And the picture on the Carnival site of Camp Carnival - that place is huge. :eek: My kids would love that.

With prices being close, I would go for Splendor.

Archived