Breakfast In Downtown Miami

momeagle36

Can anyone reccomend someplace that we can get a good breakfast on the morning of our cruise we are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown (340 Biscayne Blvd) We are not fancy but eggs and bacon would be perfect. A diner close to the hotel? any suggestions are appreciated.

Susan

momeagle36

I'm looking right now and thought I read on their website there was one..perhaps they changed, I may be wrong. I want to say it was one of the latin or hispanic restaurants.

Hi,

We were in Miami in Sept. and stayed @ Holiday Inn Bayside Downtown. Right across the street from the hotel is Bayside Marketplace we walked over their for breakfast. There's a latin restaurant opened for breakfast and cost $5.00 for a generous breakfast.

icon7.gif

Hi,

We were in Miami in Sept. and stayed @ Holiday Inn Bayside Downtown. Right across the street from the hotel is Bayside Marketplace we walked over their for breakfast. There's a latin restaurant opened for breakfast and cost $5.00 for a generous breakfast.

icon7.gif

Do you happen to know the name of the place 5.00 is a deal in todays standards and the location is certainly perfect also cheaper than the HI breakfast

Susan

Momeagle36

The Latin American Cafe at Bayside Marketplace opens at 7 a.m. for breakfast and is right across the street from Holiday Inn.

Thanks for the info this sounds like a good place to get something for breakfast at a reasonable price but if anyone knows of anything else I am still open to suggestions even if it means getting in a taxi for some good food.:o

Susan

Momeagle36

Thanks for the info this sounds like a good place to get something for breakfast at a reasonable price but if anyone knows of anything else I am still open to suggestions even if it means getting in a taxi for some good food.:o

Susan

Momeagle36

The food at Latin American cafe is very good for breakfast. I wouldn't waste money on a taxi as the breakfast food there is very good. If you prefer something quick like McDonald's, there's one right around the corner from HIPOM.

No i'm not really looking forward to eating at McDonalds for breakfast on the day our cruise leaves It looks like we will have a great breakfast at the Latin American cafe sounds just like what we were looking for some good home cooking and since I really enjoy a good breakfast and the location cant be beat I think we will probably eat there I really cant go wrong. Thanks for the recommendation I really do appreciate it:)

Susan

Momeagle36

Yes, Jerseygirl3 is correct. The Latin American cafe is the place we had breakfast. You walk straight through the market place and it's to your right.. near the waterfront. Hope this helps.

Emma,

Yes this is a Great Help I really do appreciate all the replys and Since I love a good breakfast this should do for the both of us I was not really looking for fast food and have not heard good reviews about the breakfast at HIPOM and I would prefer some good home type cooking and this sounds perfect I have printed a map of Bayside also, again Thank You!!

Susan

Momeagle36

No i'm not really looking forward to eating at McDonalds for breakfast on the day our cruise leaves It looks like we will have a great breakfast at the Latin American cafe sounds just like what we were looking for some good home cooking and since I really enjoy a good breakfast and the location cant be beat I think we will probably eat there I really cant go wrong. Thanks for the recommendation I really do appreciate it:)

Susan

Momeagle36

Not to mention, food aside, there's nothing like eating breakfast outdoors on the water as opposed to McDonald's!!! The atmosphere at Bayside is wonderful, as it's basically a marine with decking all around it. The Latin American Cafe has outstanding mojitos as well, but I'm guessing you prefer O.J. with your scrambled eggs?

Make sure you head over to Bayside in the evening as well. It's really hopping with live salsa bands, people dancing, etc. We love it there.

JerseyGirl,

it's funny I did a search on the web this afternoon about the Latin American Cafe and found a Excellent review by a man from boston who loves Cuban food he raved about this restaurant so I am now even more convinced along with everything that you have had to say that this is going to be a great experience he talked about sitting outside and eating and also had pictures of the food he had for dinner it looks absolutely delicious I would not be against having a mojito with my breakfast although it might be a bit early to start drinking. Again thanks for the help I am so looking forward to having a good meal to start off our day it just cant get here soon enough now:)

Thanks everyone! My husband and I are heading out on the Smooth Music Cruise at the end of the month and was hoping to find breakfast near the HI-POM. The Latin American Cafe sounds perfect. Thanks again!

And if it's too early for a Mojito, I'll bet they have wonderful Cuban espresso! That stuff we'll wake you right up!:D

We're staying at the Intercontinental before our cruise and I'm guessing this place won't be too far of a walk. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have a question.....we were in Miami a little over a year ago and we stayed at HI Port of Miami. We went to Bubba Gumps for dinner and a little place in the mall that was like a food court in the mall for breakfast. Is that what you are talking about as far as Latin American Cafe?

I have a question.....we were in Miami a little over a year ago and we stayed at HI Port of Miami. We went to Bubba Gumps for dinner and a little place in the mall that was like a food court in the mall for breakfast. Is that what you are talking about as far as Latin American Cafe?

RLKUBI

Yes I believe that this is the place that they are talking about it is in the Bayside Market Place.

Susan

Momeagle36

Several places to have breakfast at Bayside. Also, if you just want coffee, etc., there was a Starbucks at Bayside. NOt sure if it is still there. We never have been that concerned about breakfast the day of our cruise (just something quick) since we were going to be on the cruise in a few hours. We have eaten upstairs at Bayside for breakfast a few times. Lots of options from eggs to just muffins, etc. There used to be another Cuban/Latin place by the Hyatt that got rave reviews as well.

Archived