Help...choosing a ship!

Iwant2cruise!

Hi all,

We've cruised 3 times now. Once on Carnival Glory, once on RCCL Explorer of the Seas and once on Disney Magic. We have enjoyed each cruise though all were different.

Carnival had the best food...but we hated the layout of the Glory (couldn't get there from here and all the decks were so brightly lit up at night that we couldn't see the stars).

RCCL ship was nicely laid out...but the food was only OK.

Disney Magic was also nicely laid out...but the food was only OK as well.

Well, we want to go on Carnival again...but NOT on the Conquest series of boats. Can someone recommed a Carnival boat that has a "dark" spot at night where we can see the stars AND where you can navigate the ship easily?

Thanks,

Karen

Then you will want to avoid all but the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle) since all the others have similar public deck layouts to the Conquest class. All have the dual dining room setup with the galley in the middle which drives some people mad.

The Spirit class has only one big dining room, and no gallley in the middle so it should be easier navigation. I have not been on one (yet!) but they get rave reviews most of the time.

I have been on RCCL Navigator (sister of the Explorer) as well as the Legend and Miracle (Spirit class ships). I found the Navigator very difficult to navigate, while I knew the LEgend and Miracle's layouts like the back of my hand after day 1. These ships are beautiful, simple, and there are less people on them so they never feel crowded! Go with one of them -- The Legend, The Spirit, The Miracle, or The Pride

I agree....have been on the Spirit, Legend, Pride and Miracle.....can't go wrong with any of them. Also been on the Glory and as much as I loved our cruise on her, I too found it difficult to navigate. I like the spirit class much better. Not sure about a "dark spot" on board though...maybe someone else has looked and found one!

Hi all,

We've cruised 3 times now. Once on Carnival Glory, once on RCCL Explorer of the Seas and once on Disney Magic. We have enjoyed each cruise though all were different.

Carnival had the best food...but we hated the layout of the Glory (couldn't get there from here and all the decks were so brightly lit up at night that we couldn't see the stars).

RCCL ship was nicely laid out...but the food was only OK.

Disney Magic was also nicely laid out...but the food was only OK as well.

Well, we want to go on Carnival again...but NOT on the Conquest series of boats. Can someone recommed a Carnival boat that has a "dark" spot at night where we can see the stars AND where you can navigate the ship easily?

Thanks,

Karen

I think you would be happy with either a Fantasy class or Spirit class ship. The Fantasy class ships are smaller and pretty easy to get around, and the Funnel deck is pretty dark at night. The Spirit class is a little bigger but as Grady said the dinning room layout makes it easy to navigate as well.

The Spirit class is my favorite and the view from the skydeck is awesome!

I totally missed the dark area question apparently. The darkest areas are usually any observation decks below the bridge at the front of the ship. There are never any lights on out there to prevent glare on the wheelhouse's windows which would impare visibility.

I don't know if there are any lower observation decks like that on the Spirit class ship, but on the Fantasy class there is one on Atlantic deck all the way forward in front of the main show lounge. The problem is that on some of the ships it is marked as a crew only area, so it is hit or miss whether or not you will be able to make it out there.

Archived