Clueless on what to do in Belize! Help.

dassus

Is it just easy enough totwalk around yourself and see things....go to the beach for a bit and then head back to the ship? I'm just not up to committing to an excursion that lasts 3+ hours...although the cavetubing sounds fun. I want to see the place, but I want to relax on the beach too. Should I take a city tour and then just hot the pool at the ship?

Belize is lined by an offshore reef, and all the best beaches are on the islands along the reef, so can only be reached by boat. Although Belize City is not quite the South Bronx, there is some concern with crime so I would not recommend hoofing it on your own unless you really, really know what you're doing.

Try Snorkeling at Hol Chan and shark ray alley. There is a company that does private snorkel trips to that location from cruise ships. A husband and wife team called grumpy and happy. You can find it on the search engines. Very exciting and snorkeling in the park is like swimming in an aquarium.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays on the cave tubing? I would really like to book it, but am very reluctant to book through the ship, but got nervous when reading the post about an 1.5h delay!:confused:

I have been looking for an excursion in Belize for my Mother who is 70 and myself 47. We are going to be in Belize Feb 25 2009. I have been on 2 cruises but this is her first and possibly only cruise she will get to go on. I am looking at the Mayan ruins excursion and think that would be a great experience for us both. However she has expressed an interest in the cavetubing excursion. I wanted to do the Xan? ruins but it appears that it takes too long.

- Wear good hiking/walking shoes. I wore long Tencel cargo pants that were great. I am glad I did not wear shorts (mosquitoes and did not scrape my legs while climbing the ruins)

How strenuous would you say this tour is? I'm a big guy and am wondering about the terrain for the walking portion. I probably wouldn't try to climb to the top of the temple, but how about the rest of it?

Thanks!

How strenuous would you say this tour is? I'm a big guy and am wondering about the terrain for the walking portion. I probably wouldn't try to climb to the top of the temple, but how about the rest of it?

Thanks!

Getting in and out of the boat is about the worst of it. There might be about 20 feet of vertical elevation at the site, but there aren't any steep slopes. The paths are not paved, and there are some roots and stones, so you have to watch your footing just a little. You might have to walk a mile or so in the course of the whole tour, not very fast.

Archived