Cruise rewards booking time to increase officially to 2 years....

smeyer418

here are all the rules

These come from NCL

"The Cruise Reward Certificates: Ø Have 12 months from the date of purchase to book(read below its changing)

Ø Have 30 months from the date of purchase to sail

Ø Are valid as FULL deposit for any cabin EXCEPT the Garden Villa, Courtyard Villa or an Owners Suite. The $250 coupon can apply as part of the deposit for the exception cabins (example – if the Villa’s deposit is $3000.00 – you could use the $250 Cruise Rewards certificate and then use a credit card for the balance of $2750)

Ø Only 1 coupon per cabin

These are the main terms that would apply….now having said that if a guest is calling in and booking past the 12 months we have been more liberal with allowing it in some cases. We definitely want to see all of our valuable guests come back and sail with us. Also, we will be changing the program effective with the 1st sailings in January giving the guests 24 months from date of purchase to book and 30 months from date of purchase to sail. This is another reason for bending this rule a little.

While some guests know right away where and when they want to go next, not everyone does, however keep in mind the earlier you book the best chance you have for getting the cabin location you want and you can always take advantage of the sales and pricing. In addition, even if you book now as long as you are outside of the penalty period is you change your mind and cancel the coupon would go back to your Latitude number for future use."

Also remember this is for a future booked cruise you aren't supposed to use them for an already booked cruise!

But its not a 30 month to book and 30 months to use as someone else reported

That was me, and was per Lisa in the Cruise Rewards dept. I have her extension # somwhere here, but can't put my finger on it right now.

She's the one who said 30 months to sail, no deadline to book.

That was me, and was per Lisa in the Cruise Rewards dept. I have her extension # somwhere here, but can't put my finger on it right now.

She's the one who said 30 months to sail, no deadline to book.

I think if you had a really good story that may allow more(they say they aren't so strict) but I wouldn't personally wait that long. I have one I have to use but I have some time. the 2 years is a lot better....and is the official rule beginning with newly bought ones effective 1/1/2009

I think if you had a really good story that may allow more(they say they aren't so strict) but I wouldn't personally wait that long. I have one I have to use but I have some time. the 2 years is a lot better....and is the official rule beginning with newly bought ones effective 1/1/2009

Agreed. I had bought 2 of them during my last cruise, but with the uncertainty in the economy, couldn't commit to 2 cruises this year and wanted to extend-out the booking date.

thx for the news!

Good news :) Especially since we sail in 19 days and are contemplating another cruise in June (with the family).

I think I've read the answer to this, but can you use the certificate to book with CAS?

Good news :) Especially since we sail in 19 days and are contemplating another cruise in June (with the family).

I think I've read the answer to this, but can you use the certificate to book with CAS?

Sure can.

I can't tell from the thread (sorry, if I'm not understanding) whether the new timeframe to book pertains to rewards purchased in 2008 or not. Anyone know?

its for new cruise awards purchased after 1/1/2009 but I am told there will be some leniency on the old program....

here are all the rules

These come from NCL

"The Cruise Reward Certificates: ØHave 12 months from the date of purchase to book(read below its changing)

ØHave 30 months from the date of purchase to sail

ØAre valid as FULL deposit for any cabin EXCEPT the Garden Villa, Courtyard Villa or an Owners Suite. The $250 coupon can apply as part of the deposit for the exception cabins (example – if the Villa’s deposit is $3000.00 – you could use the $250 Cruise Rewards certificate and then use a credit card for the balance of $2750)

ØOnly 1 coupon per cabin

These are the main terms that would apply….now having said that if a guest is calling in and booking past the 12 months we have been more liberal with allowing it in some cases. We definitely want to see all of our valuable guests come back and sail with us. Also, we will be changing the program effective with the 1st sailings in January giving the guests 24 months from date of purchase to book and 30 months from date of purchase to sail. This is another reason for bending this rule a little.

While some guests know right away where and when they want to go next, not everyone does, however keep in mind the earlier you book the best chance you have for getting the cabin location you want and you can always take advantage of the sales and pricing. In addition, even if you book now as long as you are outside of the penalty period is you change your mind and cancel the coupon would go back to your Latitude number for future use."

Also remember this is for a future booked cruise you aren't supposed to use them for an already booked cruise!

Sorry but this part is incorrect, you can use it towards already booked cruises , we have done it in the past. While we were on South America cruise in Nov we purchased 2 rewards and used them to top up our deposit for Panama and Mexico cruise in 2010.

Sorry but this part is incorrect, you can use it towards already booked cruises , we have done it in the past. While we were on South America cruise in Nov we purchased 2 rewards and used them to top up our deposit for Panama and Mexico cruise in 2010.

and so have I. The supervisor in the department has been told to crack down on this, so if you try in the future for an already booked cruise they will probably say no and they have also now said one per cabin....but you can try to talk them into it. I wouldn't post this if I were you. They are reading the boards and can easily find out where two were applied....

here are all the rules

These come from NCL

"The Cruise Reward Certificates: ØHave 12 months from the date of purchase to book(read below its changing)

ØHave 30 months from the date of purchase to sail

ØAre valid as FULL deposit for any cabin EXCEPT the Garden Villa, Courtyard Villa or an Owners Suite. The $250 coupon can apply as part of the deposit for the exception cabins (example – if the Villa’s deposit is $3000.00 – you could use the $250 Cruise Rewards certificate and then use a credit card for the balance of $2750)

ØOnly 1 coupon per cabin

I plan on taking advantage of this program - my friend who is sharing my cabin also wants to take advantage of this - it states "one per cabin" but since we are 2 ladies traveling together can we both purchase the cruise rewards?

I plan on taking advantage of this program - my friend who is sharing my cabin also wants to take advantage of this - it states "one per cabin" but since we are 2 ladies traveling together can we both purchase the cruise rewards?

Yes, you can each purchase one, but only one may be used for each future cabin reserved. So if you think you'll cruise separately in the future, go for it!

Archived