Personaliser Problems

newbie-cruizer

Hi Renee,

I have just logged on to my Personliser to change a Phone Number and didn't notice anything Wrong at all.

My Tickets have arrived :D:D:D:D and I am the Cruise before yours, so I would be checking with your T/A or calling P&O if you booked directly they can't be that far away.

Mine arrived at my T/A on the 23rd December.

Hi Newbie-Cruizer,

I havent had any probs accessing the CP this morning, but I notice you are on the same cruise as us:D:D:D. I havent received my blue folder either nor have I received a cabin number on the CP (doesnt even show what kind of bed Im getting, all I know is we are in category L).

Hopefully something will show up soon, Im sooo excited. Have you joined our roll call?:)

For about 4 days the Personaliser has come up with a security certificate error so maybe your computer is proctecting itself. I've just been selecting 'continue to site', probably not the right thing to do, so I don't know if I am getting old info or not. Still no cabin number yet.

The Personalizer has worked OK for me this morning. I have accessed it a few times because our daughter has just booked a cruise and so have we.

I wondered if someone in P & O had a sense of humour when I checked the passport details and saw 'Afghanistan' shown as our Country of Residence and also as our Country of Birth. Then I noticed that Afghanistan is the first on the alphabetical listing of countries, so maybe it went to that one by default. :)

Evon.

For about 4 days the Personaliser has come up with a security certificate error so maybe your computer is proctecting itself. I've just been selecting 'continue to site', probably not the right thing to do, so I don't know if I am getting old info or not. Still no cabin number yet.

Exactly the same with me and I have been doing the same as you

hi just a ? when you book a crusie do u normaly get a cabin number

Only if you particularly want a certain cabin if it's available, but in the past when we have just booked a category we have been allotted our number about 2 weeks before we cruise, sometimes even earlier. Some people only get their number at the check-in.

thank you for that, the only things we ask for is where we want be as in area and out side or a balcany thank you again

Only if you particularly want a certain cabin if it's available, but in the past when we have just booked a category we have been allotted our number about 2 weeks before we cruise, sometimes even earlier. Some people only get their number at the check-in.

I booked back in August (just the category) and my sister booked exactly the same way 2 months later and received a cabin number straight away. She did not specify a cabin on booking, only the cat. Her's appears on the Cruise Personaliser, mine is still blank. So it's got me stumped.:confused: Either way, as long as I have a cabin when I get there. :)

I have heard that you can ring your T/A and apparently they can see the cabin no. or the area (cant quite remember which now) within the category that you have been alloted even if it doesnt appear on the CP.

I booked back in August (just the category) and my sister booked exactly the same way 2 months later and received a cabin number straight away. She did not specify a cabin on booking, only the cat. Her's appears on the Cruise Personaliser, mine is still blank. So it's got me stumped.:confused: Either way, as long as I have a cabin when I get there. :)

I have heard that you can ring your T/A and apparently they can see the cabin no. or the area (cant quite remember which now) within the category that you have been alloted even if it doesnt appear on the CP.

yes that what has happened to all five of the crusies we booked so far we have all ways have a choice to what cabin we want

i only asked because i have read about people waiting for there cabin numbers thought we must be doing some thing different to others

yes that what has happened to all five of the crusies we booked so far we have all ways have a choice to what cabin we want

i only asked because i have read about people waiting for there cabin numbers thought we must be doing some thing different to others

Hi Thied,

People who book a 'guarantee' on a special price, don't get to choose a particular cabin. They are guaranteed a cabin in the category they pay for, but it can be any cabin in that category. They also might be up-graded to a higher category cabin at no additional cost, and that often happens. :):)

Evon.

Hi Thied,

People who book a 'guarantee' on a special price, don't get to choose a particular cabin. They are guaranteed a cabin in the category they pay for, but it can be any cabin in that category. They also might be up-graded to a higher category cabin at no additional cost, and that often happens. Usually they don't find out their cabin number until the last week or two before the cruise, although sometimes it shows up on the Personalizer earlier than that.:):)

Evon.

Hi Thied,

People who book a 'guarantee' on a special price, don't get to choose a particular cabin. They are guaranteed a cabin in the category they pay for, but it can be any cabin in that category. They also might be up-graded to a higher category cabin at no additional cost, and that often happens. Usually they don't find out their cabin number until the last week or two before the cruise, although sometimes it shows up on the Personalizer earlier than that.:):)

Evon.

sorry if read wrong are you saying i dont know our cabin number for our next 3 cruise? on last 2 cruise we did know our cabin munber when we booked we had a choice of cabins but on the first one we got upgraded but p&O did it check in they ask us if we were ok about it sec cruise we were in the cabin we booked

sorry if read wrong are you saying i dont know our cabin number for our next 3 cruise? on last 2 cruise we did know our cabin munber when we booked we had a choice of cabins but on the first one we got upgraded but p&O did it check in they ask us if we were ok about it sec cruise we were in the cabin we booked

Hi Thied,

I have no idea whether you know your cabin number or not for your future cruises. You may well do so.

I know that I don't know what cabin we will be in for either of our next two cruises. We booked on a 'guarantee' at a lower price than the original brochure fare to fill up unsold cabins, and we have no say in what cabin we are allocated. It is like a 'lucky dip'. Suits us fine. We can cruise more often. :):)

Evon.

Hi Thied,

I have no idea whether you know your cabin number or not for your future cruises. You may well do so.

I know that I don't know what cabin we will be in for either of our next two cruises. We booked on a 'guarantee' at a lower price than the original brochure fare to fill up unsold cabins, and we have no say in what cabin we are allocated. It is like a 'lucky dip'. Suits us fine. We can cruise more often. :):)

Evon.

sorry miss read you that must be a very good prices for you wish people would put up the prices they find it would every one out,

Hi Thied,

The prices are available to everyone on the internet, usually through a handfull of internet travel agents. Under the guidelines for this forum we are not able to mention particular TAs, otherwise the forum would be full of free ads. Sometimes members of this forum put up a post that there is a great special on a particular cruise, but you would then have to hunt for it yourself. It's great when this happens. :):)

Evon.

I asked my T/A about this after we booked our cruise for next Oct. We got a cabin number straightaway but Brushtail booked same cat as us & doesn't have one. My T/A said that it doesn't mean anything either way (makes no difference to upgrades etc, whether you have a cabin number or not), it's just that she likes to give her customers a cabin so she asks P&O for one when she books. If she didn't ask P&O at time of booking we wouldn't have a cabin number yet.

Also, newbie_cruizer, my son is cruising on 18th Jan & only got his blue folder on Monday so no need to panic....YET:D

Our T/A said she will ring one week before departure with cabin number.

Also on Cruise Personaliser all my summary info is missing :eek: names etc is this the normal after you recieve the "Blue Folder":o

I've just checked my son's and his details are still there. However, one of the boys has not taken his passport in yet so maybe that's why?

Having said that, I don't remember our details disappearing after we received the blue folder for our other cruises:confused:

Thanks for you help, as usual :cool:

Yep that's what it's doing... And yep I eventually just ignored it too :D

Just a category for me so far as well. It even seems to be confused what ship I am on.... Ship: -ERROR- (PD)(PA)

My Tickets have arrived :D:D:D:D and I am the Cruise before yours, so I would be checking with your T/A or calling P&O if you booked directly they can't be that far away.

Got in contact with my T/A and they will be here in 2 weeks. Woo hoo.

When do we have the opportunity to book shore activities? Via the CP or do we have to wait until we are onboard?

Thanks again

Renee

Thanks for you help, as usual :cool:

Just a category for me so far as well. It even seems to be confused what ship I am on.... Ship: -ERROR- (PD)(PA)

Got in contact with my T/A and they will be here in 2 weeks. Woo hoo.

When do we have the opportunity to book shore activities? Via the CP or do we have to wait until we are onboard?

Renee

The ship confusion is what it always says, I asked the same question on here and everyone was so helpful to let me know that all is ok:D - it's the Pacific Dawn (There is a new Ship on it's way but not until Dec 09)

I have just Emailed my T/A when he let me know the Tickets had arrived and he booked the shore tours for me.

If you have an Idea as to what you want to do, let them know around what time you want to do the tour and ask them to book them with P&O.

Make sure that you get an email confirmation from P&O of the tours booked and times etc and take it with you.

Otherwise when you get your Tickets there will be a Shore Tour Booklet (endless hours of fun reading to get you in the mood) and Booking form with all the tours for your Cruise and times etc and you Fax or Mail it to P&O.

You can also book whilst onboard but some tours fill up REALLY REALLY Quickly.

I am sure that others on here will let you know which tours you can do on your own (and Save Money) or which ones to book ASAP etc. Just ask away.

Renee

Hi Renee,

This error has been on the personaliser for PD since passengers began to book Pacific Dawn cruises around 2 years ago. At the time they entered the ship into the database, it seems that they had not decided on a name for Pacific Dawn. A simple fix to the database would correct it, but things take time.:rolleyes:

Archived