Christmas on Carnival, why so different?

cpprinttom

I am with you! It's also a federal holiday, in my opinion, making it even more secular than it is..

Its a traditional holiday season.. there is no creche.. no crosses.. no Star of David.. it's a tree..and a menorah = its pretty universal..

OH Did I wish you Merry Christmas? MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY HANNACHUH..

Was that insulting? I think not.. the intent is all in good will!

Is anyone insulted on Mardi Gras Cruises out of New Orleans...? I mean it is a pre-lent celebration.. lol

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a "Feliz Navidad" to you too:)

I'm a Jew. I enjoy looking at Christmas decorations and I even enjoy holiday shows. I look at them as forms of art....nothing more. I don't care if someone wishes me a Merry Christmas...even though I wear a large star.

It's just a salutation wish good intentions.

What upsets me is when people think that their religion/beliefs are the only valid ones...and it's overwhelming. Please have respect for the minorities.

As I said in the deleted thread...how about Kwanzaa and Ramadan? Would you get upset if those holidays were acknowledged?

Carnival is secular. If one wants something totally Christmas, then book something that is advertised as such.

If you book a Christmas cruise, it really just means it's a cruise around the end of December...not a cruise dedicated to celebrating Christmas.

Does Holiday = Christmas?

In the U.S. it is a Federal Holiday.....so yes.

Have you not seen the Carnival commercials with a ship wrapped up with a red bow during Christmas:confused: With the song sleigh bells.........

That's pretty clear to me:D

Here is a small tid bit:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/holiday_cruises_2008.aspx?WT.mc_id=HHolidaySpecials

Have you not seen the Carnival commercials with a ship wrapped up with a red bow during Christmas:confused: With the song sleigh bells.........

Here is a small tid bit:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/holiday_cruises_2008.aspx?WT.mc_id=HHolidaySpecials

spacer.gifBODY { MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px}#homeFlash { VISIBILITY: hidden}ccl_logo_rb.gif

See the little holly from the website...;)

More

THE HAPPIEST HOLIDAY SAILINGS...

AT SCROOGE-APPROVED RATES

Remember when the holidays used to be fun? You spent your time celebrating with family and friends instead of running around super stressed out. We're here to bring back that holiday magic with amazing savings on a variety of funtabulous cruises -- including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years sailings.

In fact, right now, you can book a holiday-season sailing from only $249*!

This year celebrate the holidays with us -- "Fun Ship" style. Book your holiday cruise today

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/holiday_cruises_2008.aspx?WT.mc_id=BHolidaySpecialsDestinationsPage

I really didn't see or pay attention to commercials. However, if the ads were as such, then there should have been more of a holiday spirit on board. By that I mean wintertime things..like snowmen, red bows, hanukkah candles & Kwanzaa candles...but not nativity scenes etc.

If it were a Christmas cruise, then Carnival should have informed every passenger as such, so those who choose not to celebrate it wouldn't be on board.:D

christmas_funnel.gifchristmas_leaves.gifGIFT CERTIFICATE QUESTIONS?Call Customer Service 1-800-906-7603The holidays are full of excitement, so why not add to them and give the gift of "FUN" - A Carnival gift certificate:

blue_arrow_small.gifEasy to purchase

blue_arrow_small.gifFree Delivery "except overnight"

blue_arrow_small.gifIn denominations of $25, $50, $100, $200 and $500

blue_arrow_small.gifGood toward a Carnival cruise vacation or special onboard activities like soothing spa treatments, exhilarating shore excursions, the reservations-only supper club, and much, much more. Help create memories this holiday that last a lifetime -- purchase your customized Carnival gift certificates and give

not only a great gift, but best of all FUN.

One say it's not a Christmas or Holiday cruise all they want.. but that's not what Carnival is selling...

More

THE HAPPIEST HOLIDAY SAILINGS...

AT SCROOGE-APPROVED RATES

Remember when the holidays used to be fun? You spent your time celebrating with family and friends instead of running around super stressed out. We're here to bring back that holiday magic with amazing savings on a variety of funtabulous cruises -- including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years sailings.

In fact, right now, you can book a holiday-season sailing from only $249*!

This year celebrate the holidays with us -- "Fun Ship" style. Book your holiday cruise today

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/holiday_cruises_2008.aspx?WT.mc_id=BHolidaySpecialsDestinationsPage

Sailings.....not observances.

Whatever...that little piece of holly is just a winter symbol

But, if I were Christian, and on that cruise, I would have been disappointed.

Since I wouldn't have had expectations, I would have been happily shocked by the menorah.

Happy New Year!....yeah...we all celebrate that!

I really didn't see or pay attention to commercials. However, if the ads were as such, then there should have been more of a holiday spirit on board. By that I mean wintertime things..like snowmen, red bows, hanukkah candles & Kwanzaa candles...but not nativity scenes etc.

That is the whole point about this subject.......they have in the past but evidently not so much now.........

Instead of a nativity scene they have gingerbread villages......

Sailings.....not observances.

Whatever...that little piece of holly is just a winter symbol

But, if I were Christian, and on that cruise, I would have been disappointed.

Since I wouldn't have had expectations, I would have been happily shocked by the menorah.

Happy New Year!....yeah...we all celebrate that!

We are not talking about religious observances.. I am not religious.. we are talking about holidays and the cruise decorations...

I would not have been disappointed.. there was a tree a menorah.. for some it would be too much for others not enough...

But again.. that is not what Carnival is selling nor what we were talking about.:)

That is the whole point about this subject.......they have in the past but evidently not so much now.........

Instead of a nativity scene they have gingerbread villages......

Kwanzaa's about 30yrs old.. have to give Carnival time to catch up..:D

You're right.......

It should have been more festive....in a secular way.

If they put up light bulbs etc on the ads...there should have been a holiday atmosphere.

People objecting to the menorah got to me.

Happy New Year's...!;)

Why would someone object? That same poster with the 'those people' comments? Who cares what he has to say..

:D

Here is a small tid bit:

What about sleigh bells and red bows is equal to Christmas? Both are secular.

Archived