Happy New Year!

RickEk

For those of you going on a New Year's cruise, here's what you can expect at midnight. We were onboard Dawn Princess last January for New Year's and it was the best party I've ever attended for New Year's. :)

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

We didn't have the snow three years ago on the Island Princess. But I remember the balloon drop. Unfortunately, people were popping the balloons instead of bouncing them back into the air. Someone told me that a rumor had been started that there was some money in one of the balloons.

The kids were supposed to have a drop too, but my daughter complained it was very lame.

We didn't have the snow three years ago on the Island Princess. But I remember the balloon drop. Unfortunately' date=' people were popping the balloons instead of bouncing them back into the air. Someone told me that a rumor had been started that there was some money in one of the balloons.

The kids were supposed to have a drop too, but my daughter complained it was very lame.[/quote']

Well, once the balloons were all on the floor, the popping started! :p And on the Dawn, there was no separate drop for the children. They were there in Atrium with the rest of us...

We were on the Crown Princess New Year's cruise 2007-2008. The New Year's cruise is absolutely the best! Did it for years when our kids were in college/high school. What a great family trip. Hope to do it again ---this time taking the grandchildren! Happy New Year to all.

Thanks for posting the video! I have never been on a New Year's cruise but most certainly would like to sail on one!

Did the ship's horn also sound at Midnight?

Dunno... we weren't on deck... :p But a good question!

For those of you going on a New Year's cruise, here's what you can expect at midnight. We were onboard Dawn Princess last January for New Year's and it was the best party I've ever attended for New Year's. :)

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

That was so much fun....thank you for sharing the video!

Archived