When should we go to the pier? WHAT TIME?

shopngolf

:) Just curious to see what time we should go to the pier...we arrive in Miami the day before and would like to get on the boat early...any suggestions? We would like to beat the crowd as we are travelling with 2 young children....thanks!!!

Guest cruzr44

I always get there around 10:30. May have to wait, but you will be at the front of the line when they start boarding which is usually around 11:15. Being early will also get you on the ship in about 15 minutes (or less).

Have you done this at Pt. Canaveral? I was told by the cab company this morning that having them pick us up at the Radisson at 10:30am might cause a problem since the port will hold up passengers until noon. We did get there around 11am last time and the lines were long but they didn't hold us up.

Guest cruzr44
What time is your ship leaving for you to arrive then? It seems to me that ours is leaving at 5:00 P.M. Do I still go so early? (My first cruise in 20 years...who can remember!)

Judy

Yes, go early for a 5:00 departure. Enjoy the ship, have lunch and relax.

When we have cruised out of Miami we had no problem boarding early. When we cruised out of Canaveral the Secuirty guards would not let us down until everyone was off ship and gone. The ship had been delayed coming in due to fog so it was later. We were able to wait in a waiting area about a 2 block walk from the terminal.

Yes. We were on the Legend out of SD in August. Arrived around 11:30 with our two kids. About 50th in line. Was on the ship by 12:00 and went to lunch in the Windjammer.

For any cruise (unless you are still enjoying the departure port), I would definitely start your cruise as early as possible by getting their early and enjoying the ship.!

Archived