Madame Jeanette's have you eaten here

alf1313

Another idea... If you would like a resturant that has a very romantic setting, look into the Flying Fishbone. The candlelit tables are on the beach, overlooking the water.. When you enter the dining area, you take off your shoes, and put them on shoe trees by your table. The food is also very good and the atmosphere is fantastic. A lot of honeymoon couples chose this resturant.

Go to thier website and look at the gallery pictures for an idea.

This resturant is absolutely my favorite resturant on the island. This is truly 5 star dining, the meal is one you will not soon forget. You can make reservations on thier website. We were just in Aruba last week, so I still have very good memories of our evening there.

What is their website, I can't seem to find it on google. Also how far is it from town?

My fiance' and I were in Aruba 4/04 and ate at both The Flying Fishbone and Madame Jeanettes/Amazonia. My fiance' is a chef here on Cape Cod and let me tell you, the food at both places was great! The food at the Fishbone is more gourmet and extremely romantic with fabulous service. We watched the sunset while we dined on the beach and a saxaphone player came around to the tables. I highly, highly recommend the Fishbone even though it is very expensive, it is very much worth it. Amazonia is a fun environment and the staff superb. You get food whenever you desire, the Brazilian way - you flip your table knick-knack (for lack of a better word) to green and you have wait staff on you like flies with an array of cooked meat on skewers, all very willing and happy to serve you any amount of meat you want. Flip to red and you get to enjoy what they just mounded on your platter. We even convinced our waiter to smuggle us a bottle of their famous hot sauce wrapped in foil to bring home to the states to kick the pants off anyone here who claims they have the best. Visit both if you can, you won't be disappointed. The Fishbone is a bit off the beaten track, maybe 10 minutes from the airport but it's a must do in Aruba - just remember to make a reservation there. Bon appetit!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We absolutely LOVED Madame Jeanette's! Concierge at hotel we were at recommended them and with the first bite we completely understood why!

Also, after another recommendation by a local, we tried a new (at the time) little place downtown called Rumba. A bit off the beaten track (two or three blocks off the main drag), but it's FABULOUS! Check it out! :D

Never made it to Flying Fishbone.......we tried, as we rented a little SUV,but couldnt find it. Another very long taxi ride from the pier, but gets RAVE reviews.....Mdm Jeannettes...wonderful as is Amazonia and the Driftwood, which is a little local bar/restaurant...not fancy...fairly close to the pier. Locally owned and all fish is caught fresh daily!!!! Reasonably priced, too!!!

Archived