Free Cruise-HOW

sailnsee

We now have enough visa poiints for a free 3-4 companion cruise-has anyone done this? What is the process and since it is for the lowest ov cabin can you pay the difference to upgrade to a balcony? All of this has to be done before final payment,right? Does this mean that there can be no changes if Sr./resident special comes after final payment?

We now have enough visa poiints for a free 3-4 companion cruise-has anyone done this? What is the process and since it is for the lowest ov cabin can you pay the difference to upgrade to a balcony? All of this has to be done before final payment,right? Does this mean that there can be no changes if Sr./resident special comes after final payment?

We have done it a couple of times on Sovereign. Here is what to do:

1. Book whatever room you want (you pay the difference) Book BEFORE you call and redeem the points.

2. Call and get your certificate. Tell them you are going to use it for a free companion fare. They will tell you what the "value" of the certificate will be. Whatever the value of the lowest ov on the day you booked the cruise will be the value of the certificate.

3. When you certificate comes in the mail, check the box for the free companion fare.

4. Make a copy and send the certificate to Kansas as stated on the cert.

5. Wait for your balance to go down!!!! Depending on when your cruise is and when you send in the cert, it could be a couple of months (I sent mine in about 8 months before the cruise so it took about 1 1/2 months for them to apply the cert to the cruise). Sure is nice to go online and see the balance go down though:D

If you have a cabin that IS the lowest available OV, then your fare (excluding the taxes) will be free. However, I always have them charge me $1 for the fare so that you get your cruise credit.

I think, If the fare goes down after you do this, you still get the price reduction of the full priced fare and on your also if there is still a balance left after you apply the coupon - but someone else can probably tell you. I have never had a price reduction after using one of the certs so don't know for sure.

I think I gave you all the steps. If not, I am sure someone here will add to what I already said.

Thanks for the info.-wish they could make it easier-as I read it ,it does take 25,000 points(?) so that is all they take away ,no matter the cost of the cruise. Most 4 days I have been looking at seem to be in the $450-500 range-better deal than using the points for 250 OBC.

I just used points for a free cruise for both of us on Monarch. It was really pretty simple. I called RCCL and made the reservation, they were very helpful in getting the right category. The customer service rep also answered all my questions to get to the correct person at BOA.

I checked on discounts and upgrades and was assured it would not be a problem to apply discounts. The only thing I couldn't do was upgrade to a different category.d

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived