Navigator room 1390 or 1388 aft

I have been in 1388. Loved it, you get the size of a JS for the price of a D1 and the balcony is very large, part sun, part shade. It is a very sought after cabin. I would take that room again in a minute. If you search, BonnyVoyager has a ton of pictures of these cabins or you could try a search on Webshots.

Aft or corner aft - which room should I take. I know someone on this board will know the answer.

Take #1388 for the cabin , if a balcony is more important to you then go for #1390.

Saw that you just sailed on Solstice, did you like it and what Category Cabin did you have and if you have sailed Royal Caribbean before can you compare the 2 cruiselines, Pro's and Con's?

Jimbo:)

Take #1388 for the cabin , if a balcony is more important to you then go for #1390.

Saw that you just sailed on Solstice, did you like it and what Category Cabin did you have and if you have sailed Royal Caribbean before can you compare the 2 cruiselines, Pro's and Con's?

Jimbo:)

We had the Family Veranda balcony room 8108. The room was HUGE about 600 sq ft. 2 bedrooms - great views nice balcony.

I have cruised RCCL, Carnival, Regent & celebrity. Celebrity was my least favorite - It was painful for my kids not enough young people. Ship was beautiful but boring. I wouldn't cruise them again... the ship was totally geared towards an older crowd (I'm in my 40's and my kids are 13 & 8 if that gives you an idea) If you are 60+ you will probably enjoy it. If I was going to cruise again without the kids I would probably go back to Regent (well worth the extra $). I am taking the kids on this RCCL Navigator cruise as they liked RCCL the best out of all of them. Hope that helps

We had the Family Veranda balcony room 8108. The room was HUGE about 600 sq ft. 2 bedrooms - great views nice balcony.

I have cruised RCCL, Carnival, Regent & celebrity. Celebrity was my least favorite - It was painful for my kids not enough young people. Ship was beautiful but boring. I wouldn't cruise them again... the ship was totally geared towards an older crowd (I'm in my 40's and my kids are 13 & 8 if that gives you an idea) If you are 60+ you will probably enjoy it. If I was going to cruise again without the kids I would probably go back to Regent (well worth the extra $). I am taking the kids on this RCCL Navigator cruise as they liked RCCL the best out of all of them. Hope that helps

Hi:

Did you get a chance to post your pictures of the Family Veranda stateroom on Solstice?

I know it is difficult to fit in these extra tasks around the holidays, so please pardon me for asking :).

Jimbo

I disagree.

1388 and 1688 have huge balconies, even bigger than 1390 or 1690.

OP...I would take 1388, as it is about the size of a JS and the balcony is huge.

Check out the deck plans

shp_nv_deck10_rc2_dpl.gif

I disagree.

OP...I would take 1388, as it is about the size of a JS and the balcony is huge.

Check out the deck plans

shp_nv_deck10_rc2_dpl.gif

Have you stepped foot on each balcony before?

1388/1688 and 1390/1690's balconies are almost the exact same size. It's just that 1390/1690's balcony is more "usable". I have been in both cabins multiple times. We prefer 1388/1688 ourselves because for us the larger cabin is more important. 1388/1688 are huge cabins that are much wider than a standard cabin (but it is also shorter than a standard cabin). Overall, it feels just about the size of a Junior Suite (and is laid out like a Junior Suite too, which is very roomy) but with a typical small bathroom and ordinary closet. 1390/1690 are laid out like standard balcony cabins (but the aft standard cabins are about 4 feet longer than side standard cabins). All have HUGE balconies though. But, 1388/1688's balcony is shaped odd and is more covered than 1390/1690 (we actually like having the designated shady area on 1388/1688's balcony). There are support beams in the cabin and on the balcony of 1388/1688 which created no problem at all for us, but many folks do complain about them. Here is a link to my photos from 1688...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Here is a link to my gallery of aft cabin photos. You will find several photos of 1390/1690 if your search for them...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

Personally, I think your choice is a win/win. I do agree that if you are more concerned with the best cabin, go with 1388/1688 and if you are more concerned with the best balcony go with 1390/1690. But either choice gives you a wonderful cabin AND a wonderful balcony! Good luck choosing! :D

BonnieVoyager, oops, sorry I spelled your name wrong.:rolleyes: It was your great pictures that sent me to that cabin in the first place and I have been booking it ever since. I agree, we prefer the extra space in the cabin and don't mind the odd shaped veranda.

Rosie

Hi Bonnie...

Do you always book aft cabins ? If so, do you book them when your cruise first opens up ?

I do love my aft cabins, but on occasion they actually don't meet my travel needs, so i sometimes choose to book a side cabin. I almost always book my cruises anywhere from 18 months to 2 years in advance so if I want the aft cabin, it is usually available that far out. :D

Archived