Parking Advice for Ft. Lauderdale

dwillis43

We just got off Independence... there is a garage right near where the ship was (Midport Garage, I believe it was called) but it was already filled before noon. I drove to the North Port Garage and took a shuttle bus back from there. It wasn't too bad, but took a little extra time. The North Port garage was much less crowded with much less congestion around it when I was there.

We recently used park and go, and it worked out great, when we arrived, they had a shuttle right there, and the driver pulled up behind our car, and helped get the suitcases out of the car, and put them on the shuttle, and took us right over and dropped us off at the baggage drop off, and gave us the number to call when we returned, they have a few shuttles running, so when we returned, they were there within 5 min. They have a discount rate, for AAA like 10.50 a day, plus you get the 1st and 7th day free. They also give you a ice cold bottle of water when you leave.

Anyone know where we can drive (from SC) to hotel, park and get hotel shuttle (for minimal charge) to pier?

We've done this before but I can't remember the hotel or find the info in my file.

Help?!

Anyone know where we can drive (from SC) to hotel, park and get hotel shuttle (for minimal charge) to pier?

We've done this before but I can't remember the hotel or find the info in my file.

Help?!

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood offers a park and cruise program. Parkings free for the week with a nights stay and the shuttle to the port is free as well. Your own your own getting back to your car, figure cab fare of approx $20 plus tip.

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood offers a park and cruise program. Parkings free for the week with a nights stay and the shuttle to the port is free as well. Your own your own getting back to your car, figure cab fare of approx $20 plus tip.

Thanks SO much for this info. I'll definitely give them a call and see if we can work this out. Great!!!

We checked with Park n Fly and they were all booked up. So we reserverved with Park n go. Thanks again for the help

Park N Go is the new game in town, they're bending over backwards to acquire a new customer base. They have twice as many shuttles as the competition so you won't be left holding your bags when you return from your cruise waiting to be picked up. Cruisers on these boards have reported waiting up to an hour and a half for P n' F to pick them up.

Just booked Laquinta in Hollywood with free parking, free shuttle to pier and we'll taxi back. Thanks for pointing us in this direction and we're looking forward to the cruise more and more as all these nit-picky details get worked out!

Have a nice weekend!

Just booked Laquinta in Hollywood with free parking, free shuttle to pier and we'll taxi back. Thanks for pointing us in this direction and we're looking forward to the cruise more and more as all these nit-picky details get worked out!

Have a nice weekend!

Way to go, have a great cruise vacation!

Park N Go is the new game in town, they're bending over backwards to acquire a new customer base. They have twice as many shuttles as the competition so you won't be left holding your bags when you return from your cruise waiting to be picked up. Cruisers on these boards have reported waiting up to an hour and a half for P n' F to pick them up.

Thanks Bequia for the info. It was a big issue for us too. I had remembered reading somewhere here that United Parking is quite undependable, and somehow I thought Park N Go was the same, but now I know. It is great that someone like you helps out those of us who do not know the area. We are going to wait until the day of our departure, Feb 22, and then take either Park N Fly or Park N Go. Thanks again!! Salzburg

Archived