Shore Trips . com?

hkolln

Anyone booked via shoretrips dot com before? Did you like whom they set you up with?

We're looking at taking the shore excursion in Cozumel called "Nature Lovers tour of Cozumel" that takes you to the lighthouse, beach, on a pontoon boat to look for wildlife and thru the mangrove. Thought the kids would enjoy that type of tour.

We booked a tour through them for St. Lucia, several years ago. The tour was nice, as much as I remember, except one of the 'highlights' of the tour was the butterfly house, which, as it turned out, had been closed for more than 2 years. They did refund the cost of admission & apologized, but I thought it was rather out-of-touch for them to not have updated information. (And we wouldn't have gotten a refund if I hadn't pursued it - the people giving the tour knew nothing about it supposed to be going to the butterfly house.)

I would consider using them again, but it might be nice to talk to someone who had done the same tour. They were pleasant to deal with and have been in business for several years.

Our travel agent highly recommends them and we have booked two excursions with them on our cruise in a few weeks -- Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

So far I've been very pleased with them. They are very prompt with emails, friendly and informative when I've called them as well.

Michelle

I am actually looking into the very same excursion! Glad to find this thread!

My husband is nervous about booking non-cruise-line excursions, but I know the folks here do it ALL THE TIME, which is why I did a search to see how people felt about booking through this site.

The three reviews on that excursion are pretty complimentary... but it's going to take a lot of convincing to get my husband on board... LOL!

Suebee,

Which excursion/port? If you'd like, click on the link in my signature to send me an email and I can tell you all about it when we return.

Our very first cruise we did only ship excursions because we didn't know it was possible to do your own thing. Second cruise we did both ship and private tours, to try it out so to speak. Our personal opinion is that privately arranged tours are more bang for the buck and can sometimes be tailored to your own tastes as well.

Michelle

Hi,

We booked shore trips on our last 2 cruises - in Cozumel we did the dune buggy. Had no problems finding the office. On that cruise we booked thru shore trips at every port and only had one disappointing one in Belize (Belize Best by boat snorkel). We booked thru them again last year in Dominica and had the best trip ever we had 4 people a driver and a personal guide. Hope you have fun.

Jacksback

Suebee,

Which excursion/port? If you'd like, click on the link in my signature to send me an email and I can tell you all about it when we return.

Our very first cruise we did only ship excursions because we didn't know it was possible to do your own thing. Second cruise we did both ship and private tours, to try it out so to speak. Our personal opinion is that privately arranged tours are more bang for the buck and can sometimes be tailored to your own tastes as well.

Michelle

Nature Lover's Tour of Cozumel... on Cozumel. :D

I was not impressed with NCL's list of excursions when I looked (read: this morning when the site was finally cooperating). We wanted to visit some ruins (but didn't want to blow the day away by going to Tulum) AND snorkel (because it's supposed to be uh-MAY-zing LOL)... and this one has both, plus nature. We like nature. :D

This will be our third cruise, and I have to say, reading the posts here has made me more adventurous, interested in trying something different, outside of the cattle call of the ship excursions -- while still working with someone reputable, of course! It definitely sounds like this one has a lot of value for the price. :D

Edit: Oh, and I just about have my husband convinced, sending him a link to the excursion, and letting him read the reviews there himself. My brother is also interested in going (he's traveling with us), so it looks like we're a go! :D

We're doing the ATV Jungle & Snorkle Combo in Cozumel. I've traipsed around the ruins in Oaxaca and Mexico City so would much rather try something new.

Forgot about this until now -- My first experience with Shore Trips was booking an excursion for Saint John, New Brunswick on our trans-Atlantic cruise. Due to bad weather and rough seas, the ship had to skip this port. I emailed Shore Trips from the ship as soon as I could. The excursion was cancelled and all of my money refunded within a week.

Michelle

I used shore trips to book a ziplining excursion in Roatan this past July. Everything about the experience was great, and booking with them was very easy. I booked the excursion for six of us a few weeks before the cruise, then added 4 (over the phone) while we were on the ship. I was nervous about the addition, as I didn't have time to get an email confirmation, but everything was fine. The local person was expecting all of us when we got off the ship.

As others have stated, this is a reputable & reliable company.

I always recommend Shore Trips to my clients. Shore Trips has fewer guests on their excursions and everyone seems to have a better time than on a ship's excursion. During dinner conversations, seems like ship excursion passengers wished they had done the Shore Trip excursion!! They are a great company and very reliable!

This is VERY reassuring to hear! Thanks! :D

If this works out well, I may try to get a group together next year. :)

I recently used shoretrips.com in November in Guadeloupe. The tour was one of the best that I ever had. There was only six of us with our guide. The driver/guide did a great job of translating everything to me in English and making me feel part of the group (the other five people were from France and two of the children could speak limited English). The stops that we made were places were the locals went to (beaches, sugar plantations) and we had lunch at a private home with local items. This was a true treat in itself. I'm looking forward to using them again for Cozumel.

We booked via Shoretrips in Mazatlan in November and had a great time! Their website is easy to use, and they use reputable tour companies. We are looking at booking with Shoretrips again for our cruise in 28 days! :D

• 1 year later...

I just made reservations on shoretrips for a trimaran snorkel and sail in Cozumel. They were great on the phone and sent me my confirmation the same day. In the voucher they showed who the tour was through and I went to check out the boat...found out they overcharged me $8 per person for this!:eek: I could have booked it myself. :mad:

I put in a call and inquired about the overcharge, I am still waiting to hear back. I will keep you updated, be wary of their prices. You may find a better deal elsewhere.

I just made reservations on shoretrips for a trimaran snorkel and sail in Cozumel. They were great on the phone and sent me my confirmation the same day. In the voucher they showed who the tour was through and I went to check out the boat...found out they overcharged me $8 per person for this!:eek: I could have booked it myself. :mad:

I put in a call and inquired about the overcharge, I am still waiting to hear back. I will keep you updated, be wary of their prices. You may find a better deal elsewhere.

Thats it! Its not as much as I thought actually. Our mark-up in the precious stone industry is at times over 300%.

I have booked a few things with them and have had a lot of good experiences. I am not very comfortable with my credit card floating around Mexico, Europe and places like that. Companies there have the rep for selling profiles to people. Shore Trips are in the US (think their billing info on my credit card said something about Wisconsin and everyone I talked too there speaks without an accent), so that makes me feel more comfortable.

My travel agent told me that they are typically a few dollars more than the cruise line, but for most stuff I booked they were cheaper. We booked a trip into Rome with them in 2007 and it was a lot cheaper than the cruise line. It was just my husband and I too.

If the catamaran company sells it for $50, that means they are only making $8. I guess that is their operating cost. Business is business.

Did they reply to you yet? I always got a quick reply from them. I emailed someone there when our ship missed Ketchikan last summer and they emailed back within a few minutes.

So, they did overcharge us and were not happy about it but did refund our money. They were pleasant about it and gave me no trouble. I think their customer service is great, but I am a do-it-yourself kind of person and if I would have known I could have booked the same trip for less money myself I would have.

I will let you know how the trip goes, much cheaper than the cruise ship--but I still don't think they should charge extra money for their service.

I am happy with the service they provided though. I will let you know about the excursion, I am sure it will be amazing!

• 6 months later...
Anyone booked via shoretrips dot com before? Did you like whom they set you up with?

We're looking at taking the shore excursion in Cozumel called "Nature Lovers tour of Cozumel" that takes you to the lighthouse, beach, on a pontoon boat to look for wildlife and thru the mangrove. Thought the kids would enjoy that type of tour.

I had used them(Shore Trips) and found them in my opinion, less than reputable.

I had also found that using ideas from their web-site you can book directly with the provider with the same or better prices.............voltdoc

• 5 months later...
I had used them(Shore Trips) and found them in my opinion, less than reputable.

I had also found that using ideas from their web-site you can book directly with the provider with the same or better prices.............voltdoc

Can you explain a bit more why you feel they are less than reputable? Without details, how can we judge what you mean? I would like to book with them because my ship comes in very early and they are the only company that does a jeep tour at that early hour. The ship is charging 229 but they charge 74. The company they contract through charges 75 but that company doesnt have a start time when we want. Shoretrips.com contracts this other company for an earlier trip just for cruises. That is why I want to select them but your comment has made me curious.

Archived